Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

do you ever stop eatting something, in the middle of eatting it, because youre afraid that it was somehow not handled correctly? Even if i cook it i get this way sometimes. i start paying real close attention to my stomach while im eating and usually, i dont finish my food because i think im going to over eat and v*. any one else like this?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I overeat all the time ):
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I do.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't stop eating for fear of overeating but have thrown away my fair share of food due to the improper handling POWER OF SUGGESTION (and yes, sometimes even if I have prepared it).

I do that all the time.

I do this all the time. Sometimes I get so grossed out and feel like I can't even swallow what is in my mouth and I end up spitting it out.

I get like this all the time too. I always leave something on my plate..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this is me exactly. I got way worse when I got the norwalk virus from a poutine at the mall after that I only eat vegan because I know most of those things cant be contaminated with viruses to make me sick. I'm so afraid to eat again even at home when I cook it too. I recently got food sickness again and was right on the verge of being ill and am way worse than before and dont want to eat anymore ever [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by kassiewoodruff
    and am way worse than before and dont want to eat anymore ever [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Yeah I've been like this for the past few weeks. Thing is I don't know if I ever really ill, but just waking up early with a panic attack and then taking two phenergan tablets on an empty stomach made me feel like I was on the verge.

Every since then I've been really prone to panic attacks and feeling bad. Sometimes I'll decide to eat a saltine or something, really it can be anything, and I feel this urge to just spit it out because I start to have a bad feeling. I usually resist that urge, just chew thoroughly and wash it down with some water to make me feel better. Nothing happens, I digest it just fine.

Lately, as stimuli that cause me panic, I've picked a) having a filling meal that makes me feel the least bit bloated, b) waking up early, and c) hearing any kind of noise from my stomach. None of these things actually correlate with the focus of my fears, and yet, they've become stimuli that freak me out. It's all in my mind. It's very classic with a phobia that anything that surrounds your phobia also becomes a frightening stimuli.

If you were afraid of heights, and found yourself on a roof, and there was a red building that you noticed across the way, chances are red buildings are going to freak you out a little. But they have nothing to do with being high up. It's just classic fight-or-flight trained response.
    So long as you don\'t give in to the fear, it doesn\'t matter what else happens.

I do it sometimes, but usually only with meat. I cut apart and inspect meat for pink spots. Once I got salmon, my absolute FAVORITE meat and it looked just too pink in the middle. I couldn't for the life of me, finish the middle of it because of that. And salmon is pink anyway naturally...ugh.
    \"When the day is blue, I\'ll sit here wondering about you\"

very often so.

im doing good as an emet for the past 6 years, but when it was real bad i couldn't eat anything because i was so afraid of feeling n*, and so anxious, that when i did eat something tiny, i would be so anxious that i would feel n* again.

this still rains true for me, i can never eat a full meal dinner in one go, i have to always go back and Finnish it later. its only some foods or meals i usually can finnish in one go.

oh yes all the time. i won't even eat because of it. I've lost ten pounds this month.

I'm glad other people are like this, and I'm not weird. I feel really bad and rediculous for being like this. Edited by: kassiewoodruff
    Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don\'t deserve me at my best

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1989
    very often so.

i can never eat a full meal dinner in one go, i have to always go back and Finnish it later. its only some foods or meals i usually can finnish in one go.
    That is me exactly!

It takes me 2-3 passes on food to finish a dinner. And about 2-3 hours. I eat a little, see how I feel....eat more, rinse and repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by kassiewoodruff
    I'm glad other people are like this, and I'm not weird. I feel really bad and rediculous for being like this.

yeah I agree I feel like that too..thank God for a site like this... [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made