Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V* in public?

Have any of you ever v* in public?
    this is entirely my biggest fear - it happening at work or at the mall or unexpectantly anywhere out in public. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I never have and seriously hope I never will.

Nope, I've v*'d at home every time! I'm lucky...and I'm also afraid of v*ing in public, but I'm more afraid of seeing someone ELSE v* in public...my reaction isn't the best...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No.

I've seen other people do it unfortunately but not done it myself.

As an emet I don't think you would, we are so sensitive to our feelings and n* in a way maybe non-emets aren't that we would have time to get to a loo or away from other people.

I did get dry heaves in a bush outside a hotel when i was 18 and had to go to a christmas party with work and had a major panic attack when they started talking about a girl at our table who was anorexic being s* in the toilets, I didn't actually v* though and i only went outside as i can't v* indoors, so it's not that i got caught short in public.

If i saw someone do it and knew the cause i.e drunkeness it would proper freak me out but i would get over it, but if i thought they may have a virus and that i may have inhaled particles i would probably self combust with anxiety [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

No. I have never vomited in public. This is what scares me the most. I have vomited at home and once at my Grandma's house when I was spending the night.

I have seen others vomit in public and it scares me to death!

I don't remember. But I'm sure I did it as a child. I v*ed hundreds of times til I got emetophobia
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did in school as a child (actually jr. high age). That is the only time I can remember ever doing so in public (I'm sure I'd remember if there were others.. LOL... but possibly as a young young child & I just don't recall [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img] ). Never as an adult has this happened.
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

this is one reason why i hate being in public.if i am, i have to know where my safety spots are (exits/bathrooms) so i can make a run for it when i feel a little iffy.

Once when I was around 8 years old. It was awful and the idea of it happening again still scares me.
    Elizabeth

About 3 weeks ago after too much jungle juice... But I went and hid after the first round hahaha... Damn college
    Lauren xx

Yes, I have v* at work (in my trash can under my desk). I was not s* just very, very hung over.

Also got the sv or food poisoning one year and had the dry h* for three hours before I drove to my sil's house and v* in her driveway. Then got home before it happend again.

As I am more afraid of others -- this was not tramatic for me (for the most part).

I did once in high school, ***GRAPHIC MAYBE*** I had drank a few glasses of Sunny Delite before school on an empty stomach. In my typing class, I started feeling weird...so I was pacing around, going to the bathroom, etc. I finally went back to class after nothing happened. Then I was getting my stuff out of my locker after that class and....I just v*ed everywhere. In my locker, on the floor, etc. People were walking by and asking if I was ok. I don't even remember freaking out or anything (this was like 10 years ago) but I did go home after and I was fine. however now I worry about it all the time...what if I'm at work, in the mall, on a trip, etc....it drives me nuts

I did once when I was camping and once in my mom's car, but I'm not sure if that really counts as being in public. Other than that, it's only happend at home.

No... well okay, once because I was drunk I had to have my friend pull over
    so I could do it out the car. But I was so drunk I didn't care. Never from
    being actually ill.

Like ia2006 said, I'm always keeping tabs on
    trashcans/doorways/bathrooms while sitting in my classrooms, and
    obsessively thinking about how fast I could get out of the room or my
    fastest route to the door. The further away my desk was to a door or
    trashcan, the more anxious I got.

Thank god I just graduated high school.
    - Carrie

I have [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It was so horrible, I was on a bus, and knew I couldn't do anything about it to fight the n*, so fortuneately the bus got to a stop just in time and I was able to get off.
    But still v*ed in the street.
    I was freaking out and trying to walk away as I v*ed because I didn't want to stand still, and my friend had to hold me still.

What scares me is that I never found out why I v*ed that day....
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

I did once. I actually wrote about in another thread I think. I was 11 and I had a sv and didn't know it yet. I ended up v*ing in a shopping plaza. It just happened so fast, I had no warning.

No, never vomited in public thank goodness! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    I have only ever been sick at home, apart from when I was very young, about four or five years old. I vomited on holiday in Lanzarote but thankfully, it was in our apartment. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \'Anticipation of the fear, is far worse than the thing that is feared itself,\'

no not at all. I don't even give it a second thought either. I have no fear of doing so either

I have a few times. In 4th grade I did on the lunch table. I don't think anyone was hungry after that.... The first time I ever drank red wine I did in my friend's kitchen- it was her housewarming party, they had just moved in that day! I was sooo embarrassed. And at work when I was pregnant, a girl was standing right next to me when it happened... she took me home after that.

I don't really mind so much. I don't really mind v*ing actually. It's others that really get me going.
    When you\'re young the world\'s a ferris wheel.
    I know we will grow old, it is lovely still.

i v* once when i was younger in kroger but im not sure why and 2 years ago when i had f*p* i started d*h* in the car and my friend pulled over and i v* about 10 times in these ppls front yard on a VERY busy street but for some reason i only freaked out before and after i got back in the car we were all laughing about how the cars driving by prob thought i was drunk bc it was like 1am. i had m*s* away from home a couple times but i wouldnt call that in public bc nobody saw or heard me. as much as i have gotten s* i have this weird fear in my head that if i v* away from home and get in the car to go home after the movement of the car is gonna make me v* over and over all the way home....tho ive never heard of anyone getting car s* while driving! haha its just one of those things....Edited by: ankitchens

I've only been sick in public once. I was probably 10. My mom stopped by the supermarket after school and I went to use the bathroom while she shopped. After I was done, I was really thristy, so I went to the water fountain and drank for a really long time- but it was city water and i'm used to well water. Well, like a second after I was done, I projectile v* all over the floor. I was just kind of in shock and started crying just standing there until a lady came up and helped me get cleaned up and found my mom. It was so embarrassing.
    You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.

becca_adele
    maybe it happened because you drunk too much water?
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)