Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all, I'm going on holiday next week. (I cant wait!). However im concerned about travel sickness, I have never had it before but im not sure that means I wont get it at all. I'm going by plane and I have only ever been on one about 4 or 5 times in my 24 years of life, they havent affected me before, I guess I'm just worried and want to be 100% ok.

Can anyone shed some light and bring me some relief so that I can fully look forward to my get away and not worry about feeling..well.. ya know.

If you haven't gotten travel sick before, you're not likely to now. However, if it will make you feel a little more secure, you can always take a Dramamine or something like that before you get on the plane. I've never felt remotely ill on a plane before.

Have fun on your vacation!

I am tempted, even if the effect is purely psychological. I was also tempted to try one of those accupressure wrist bands, again perhaps for the psychological calming effect.

Thank you Twilight rose, your re-assurance is more than gratefully recieved!

Out of interest, does anyone know if a dramamine based tablet be best, or if not what would be?

I really don't think you're suddenly going to develop travel sickness now, i'm pretty sure it's something that would have shown itself by now in cars & trains etc

I used to fly alot and i've never ever seen someone v* on a plane.

The wristbands are great, i use them at home if i get n*, i've no idea if they're psychological or not but as long as the n* goes away i don't care!

I've heard Sea-Legs are supposed to be very good, they contain Meclizine.

Where are you going on your hols?

I take travel sickness pills as a precaution whenever I go on a plane. I am too scared to not take them incase it does happen sometime...but yeah, I've never seen anyone sick on a plane. I'm just a woos!

Thanks guys, you have no idea how much the re-assurance helps! (Actually you probably do!)

Well I have my accupressure bands now, and despite my logical mind telling me how unlikely it is I'll get travel s*, I am pretty tempted to take something as a precaution.

Im going to Tenerife, (one of the Canary Islands). We have a nice relaxing week booked in a spa hotel there which should be amazing!

If anyone has any other advice I'm all ears, thanks again for the help guys!

Yeah I basically agree with what the others say!

I always carry those kids travel s*ness pills "Joyrides" when I travel, if not for me, to give out to anyone! Because they're made for children, I never worry about taking them as a precaution.
    Also, the bands are really really good. My grandma swears by them!

Have a lovely holiday, my mum's friend lived in Tenerife for years, it's really lovely apparently!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Ah yeah I have actually heard of those Joyrides before! Well I think I'll definitely get some sort of tablets and see how I feel tuesday as to whether or not I take any.

I've no doubt I'll be fine but we all know how hard it is to be logical about these things.

If I get a nice enough photo I may finally update my profile picture!

Bands definitely work :P I could go into a crazy long explanation of them, but it would bore ya :P Thumbs up to bands!