Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: have you ever had burp v*?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

34 91.89%
  • no

2 5.41%
  • wtf is that?

1 2.70%

and by burp v* i mean if you burp up a little bit of v*.

I did it once when I drank a icee to fast.I dont consider it as a v* episode because it was really nothing.It was containable and no stomach action was involved in the making of that burp v*.

why can't all v* be like that??!!

I only burped 2-3 times in my life. Somehow I cannot.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All the time but I think it's because of my bad gastric reflux [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    Lauren xx

Ew, that happened to me last week and it even tasted like v*! I did it and immediately said EW! My best friend was like what!? I said I think I just puked in my mouth...It was so gross...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that happens to me a lot bc i have acid reflux! it happens especially after eating pizza or anything with marinara type sauce on it! you can usually tell when its going to happen tho bc your throat feels different right before than it does with a regular burp. the scariest thing about it is the taste i think, bc it reminds me of v* so much and it kinda feels the same way v* does.

They're annoying.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I do that all the time and sometimes it really scares me.

go i havn't t*u* in my mouth in the longest time.. it's so gross, but i'd rather do that than v* any day.
    You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.

its so gross the worst thing ever! makes me worry that im sick!

I know what you mean, but just because something comes up from your stomach, it isn't vomit. Vomiting is a specific bodily process that includes not only stomach contents but also intestinal matter. So even if you burp up something solid frequently, as one of the posters above says she does, it isn't vomiting.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Agree with Gumdropper.

This happens to me from time to time. It is a "mistake" your body makes from time to time.

I have read that the valve that admits food to your stomach (and keeps it there) is sensative to acid. If it is exposed to neutral materials (food and drink) it tends to stay relaxed longer after you swallow. This makes it easier to to swallow your food bite after bite; but makes it more likely something could "escape."

Once the food starts to digest and your stomach has blended it with alot of acid, this valve stays closed tighter.

Makes sense because 99% of the times I get a "vurp" it is just after eating or drinking - and it tastes no different than it did when I ate it.

After 30 minutes to an hour after eating, it almost never happens.

If you get a very acid "vurp" simply drink some water to help put it back where it belongs and give your throat some releif.

Either way it is NOT vomiting and does not indicate you are getting sick.

Respectfully,
    David