Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I had to brag a little bit

As a lot of you know my bf had food poisoning roughly 2 months ago and was s* in his sleep next to me. Since then I haven't been able to sleep well. I keep waking out and having panic attacks, or having to sleep with earplugs, etc. Some nights I couldn't even sleep in the same bed.

Well, 2 nights ago we had a HUGE storm, so we opened the window to listen to the thunder. I focused on that (without earplugs) and was able to fall asleep panic free! When I woke up in the night, it was to thunder, not because he rolled over or whatnot. I slept through the night without a panic attack or n*!

Last night we kept the window open. I was hungry so my tummy was growly, you know how that can mess with ya. However I didn't freak out once! I slept through the night again without any panic or n*!

I'm hoping this is the start of being able to sleep through the night again I wanted to share to let you all know that even if you are scared out of your mind, you can work through it [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

YAY FOR YOU!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I'm so happy for you that you are making progress - whoo hoo![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]It's always so encouraging to hear about other's making some headway with this phobia!

I think having someone V* in their sleep next to me would scar me for life... [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]- I'd never be able to sleep again... ugg!! You are so strong to even be at the step of attempting to sleep in that same bed w/ him again!!!

Way to go - I hope your progress continues.
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

Thanks for the encouraging words!

I'm nowhere near my goal, but I'm definitely making progress. I want to be to the point where I can help him if he's sick, and where I'm not afraid to get pregnant. Though I don't want kids anytime soon, I don't want to have to rush through a fear when we decide it's time.

Sorry for the double post, just had my third night I'm so excited!

Ah I really am glad you're doing so well! Congratulations! With smoking etc. they always say if you can make it through 3 days you're all good, I'm sure you could apply the same logic here!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Good Job, I'm generally so medication at night I can sleep like a baby. The only issue is with one of my medications I get sleep paralysis. Which.. is a pain. I can't nap during the day, otherwise I wake up and can't fu**ing move. and have a little freak out because of that. So yeah, Anyway,,, Good luck on overcoming this phobia.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Yeah I can imagine that would be scary o.o

I thought about going on meds, but my doc suggested just trying not to worry about it, and told me to make a list of what scares me. Beside that, I made a list of what I can do to overcome it. Now I'm 6 nights strong.

Last night I had a tummyache (yay PMS) and was N* at bedtime, but STILL slept through the night! I'm so excited!

I'm pretty excited for you!

Seriously, well done!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Was hoping to post 7 nights, but for some reason last night I was really nervous halfway through the night. (my bf has allergies so sometimes he snores and drools and it sounds nasty. I think that causes it some nights.) Anyhow, I told myself there was nothing to worry about, and I refused to move to the edge of the bed. Granted, I asked him to move back to his side a time or two But I didn't get out of the bed once!

This morning I found out that he did get s* last night (not in the bed, thank God!) and I wasn't nervous one bit! I don't feel ill, I don't feel panicky, and I don't feel like I'm going to get it. I even held him for a little while and helped him fall back asleep.

So even though I can't say I have a full week of good nights, I think I'm coming along

Sorry btw, if I'm being annoying. I felt I should keep it all in one post so I don't spam the boards lol.
    And thank you for all the encouragement

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In a way, the fact that you did have a slightly "off" night and recovered is even better! Shows you can cope!
    [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Let's hope the coping continues through the next few nights!

I ended up on the couch last night! AARGGHH!!!

I feel like I've taken such a giant leap back.

Ah, what happened?

Don't feel bad about it! You had a slip-up, but you haven't necessarily gone backwards, don't be upset about one night, be proud of all the other nights of success!

Thanks. If I didn't have to work this morning I would have stayed in bed and pushed through it, but I needed the sleep
    ><

I was n* through the night and Kris (figured I'll stick his name in here, you all know him by now lol) has allergies, so he had that wet snoring sound which throws me off some nights. That mixed with the fact I had a bit of a tummyache and was up to the bathroom a few more times, and I didn't want to wake him. So... I guess it's not all bad but I still wish I had stayed in bed!

OMG if my bf did that I would have kicked him out & never slept with him again. You have just added another plus point to being single again for me [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

LOL.

He didn't mean to, it was just as much of a surprise to him as it was to me. Though it's taking me some time to get over it, he's really understanding and supportive.

Last night we went to King's Island (an amusement park) and I was so tired when I got home I slept like a baby. Don't remember if I heard him snoring or not lol,

Hah maybe exhaustion's the trick!

LOL yeah, better wear myself out before I sleep eh? lol

You are so freaking brave, lady! My husband does this horrible thing occasionally where he'll dream he swallows something odd, and he half-wakes up and tries to "cough" it out.

Whiiiiich as most emets will understand, sends me from 0 to HOLYHANNAHCRAZYPANICZOMG!!!! in less than a second. I spring from the bed, lunge for the light and shove the trash can under the poor man's chin all in the same motion, my heart beating out of my chest.

And he simply stares for a few seconds, mutters a bit, and lies back down. Zonked out. Oblivious. Bastard! :-P And I don't sleep for the rest of the night, freaking out at every little twitch or pause.

If he EVER actually got s* in the bed I would... oh god. I don't even know. Consider renting a plastic sleep bubble, perhaps, or sleep in a sealed coffin rather than have to risk him _____ing on me in bed! Bed = sacred. NEVER to be _____ed upon.

Huge kudos to you! Don't be discouraged when you still have iffy nights, remember that even SITTING on the same bed that he got s* on, you're overcoming a MASSIVE hurdle for a lot of us emets! Hang in there. I am sure you can do it!
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Oh yeah, that's the reaction I generally have too lol. Zero to Freakout.

As strong as you think I am for sleeping in the same bed, I think you're even stronger for grabbing a trash can and holding it to him! When Kris was s* I flew out of the room crying. SO FRUSTRATING!

Also, I kinda cheated. See, the night in question was the night before we planned to switch bedrooms. So, even though it's the same bed it's in a new room, new position, new sheets and everything

Oh, if my Chris (it's so cute they have the same name, just different spelling) was in mid-v* when I woke up... I probably would have high-tailed it outta there too! But I'm more afraid of the v* getting on the bed than being in the room when it happens I guess, cuz I literally would never feel clean sleeping in it again-- and I love my bed. :-P

I guess new everything would help, but the mattress....... blah! Hehe.

We also bought a memory foam mattress topper AFTER the incident so we're not even sleeping on the same mattress :P

Haha, okay. Good.
    (PS-- how do you like the memory foam? I want to try one so much! But my grandparents hate theirs.)

I'm in love with it. We have just the memory foam topper, not a full mattress. But we both love it!! We also have the memory foam pillows too, which are awesome. Dunno if age is a factor in it, but I'm 21 and he's 23. (So a few years younger than your grandparents ) It's like sleeping on a cloud.

Yeah, I wondered if age was part of it, haha. My husband and I are both 25... maybe I'll buy one as a surprise for his arrival next month. :-D

We got ours for pretty cheap at Kohls, but they were having a 50% off sale. SO COMFY!

I'll have a look around. Maybe even Amazon.com, haha. (and really I should talk to my guy before making too many changes to our sleeping arrangements. :-P)

Well, I asked him and he basically said that he didn't care as long as it was comfortable. Hahaha, silly men. So we'll give it a try. :-D One more thing to look forward to next month!

It's definitely cheaper to get the topper, though when we get a new bed we'll probably be getting a full memory foam mattress. Do some research on toppers to see what's best for you. We have a 1.5" one, but they also come in 2" and 4".