Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My stomach flips when looking at vegetable soup with crushed
    crackers in it. How in the world can people eat this in a
    restaurant let alone by themselves at home.

Yesterday I made steamed broccoli with fresh parmesean cheese grated on
    top..my son comes in the kitchen and says, "why does it smell like v*
    in here?" Ugh, real appetizing to hear right before eating.
    Needless to say I didn't eat all of it, so I ate toast instead.
    Toast is such a "safe food" for us emets, HUH.

My husband LOVES to eat out...he drags me to many restaurant and gets
    mad if I don't want anything. Most of the time I'll get
    salad. It seems safe enough, but Never, ever eat at salad
    buffets..YUCK!! Who knows WHO touched all that open to the public
    food?!!

Why would anyone order a meal with sauce all over it? ARen't they worried about what's under there?

I like italian food..sometimes but eating in an italian restaurant
    makes me feel queasy. I think the smells are overwhelming.

Just my thoughts for today,

Renee

Ugh... now I'm going to think that whenever I see vegetable soup. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

My husband likes to go out too, and it's a day to day thing if I'm able to. Last winter I had a real problem going out to eat. I'm doing ok right now but that could change. Nothing's safe except food I make, and then even maybe not thatwhen I'm having a rough time.

I agree about the italian food thing... the smell of garlic makes me nauseated.

I probably shouldn't say this, but the veggie soup thing made me think of it... my husband brought up people blowing out birthday candles on a cake and how he's surprised I'll eat bday cake, because people have possibly spit on it, possibly infecting the cake... esp. kids' bdays. I never had thought of that before, and the idea of it has put me off of cake permanently if it had candles blown out. Sorry if I grossed anyone out about that, but you gotta protect yourself!!!

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

EWWW YOu're right about the cake stuff. You know there's
    some spit on the cake. Most kids that I see blow the candles are
    blowing real hard and you know some landed on the cake.

My son will be 19 this friday. I will be getting him a cake, maybe I'll tell him to fan them out.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    He was coughing last night. I could hear him on the other side of
    the house and I yelled at him and asked if he was okay..he said he was,
    but I was getting nervous. I didn't sleep well last night

A friend of his is having him over for a b-day party at his apartment..I hope my son doesn't drink. I'm already worrying [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Renee

Yeah and why do people make fun of those soups too when
    they are pouring it out... like making v sounds? Not funny to say the
    least

Miriam

</font>

I could never eat salad if I felt sick...it's not a safe food for me, I guess b/c with IBS thr roughage irritates me, I think if I feel sick and eat salad I'll get worse. Aloso, and this is horrible. Twice at college I got an intestinal parasite (pinworms) from the salad. IT didnt cause v*, maybe a little bit of a stomach upset, but these worms ....eww...i'm not going to go into graphics..lol

Quote Originally Posted by eyecandi512
    Twice at college I got an intestinal parasite (pinworms) from the salad.

OMG!!!!!

That is like one of the most horrible things I've ever heard!!!! You know, I cannot even look at things like that, I get so grossed out....

*shudders*

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

all soup is gross to look at! lol hate it all.

otherwise, im nt too fussy about foods. whichj is quite surprising. i mean i check dates a lot, and smell them a lot, but as long as they look ok, it doesnt bother me too much to think about wh's touched it e.t.c

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yea, it was pretty gross.....all my friends had it too.....But at least it doesnt make u v*!! lol

They are very small - nothing massive and gross.

Just like to say, 80% of people have, or have had, pinworms at sometime. They live in your lower intestines and are ostensibly harmless. Most people don't even know they have, or had, them. The females come out at night and lay eggs around your... opening (Doesn't that sound sci-fi?) And problems only occur if you ingest these eggs. To summarise, us emetophobes are not at much risk of aggrevating the problem (if we even have them that is) because of our whole cleanliness routines, so no one should worry!
    Hard Normal Daddy

Yeah, you know what I think is disgusting? Meat pies. AKA the chicken meat pies.

We had them for dinner tonite and they were all mushed. Its like gravey with veggies floating in it with chunks of chicken...in a pie that you smush and eat. EW! Needless to say I had peanut butter toast instead!

Quote Originally Posted by tomvickery

Just like to say, 80% of people have, or have had, pinworms at sometime. They live in your lower intestines and are ostensibly harmless. Most people don't even know they have, or had, them. The females come out at night and lay eggs around your... opening (Doesn't that sound sci-fi?)

Are you kidding me with this???? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

ugh..... I thought worms was a problem in 3rd world countries and for kids who ate sand in the sandbox.... I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs730
    Yeah and why do people make fun of those soups too when they are pouring it out... like making v sounds?

This made me think of something from my childhood... my parents' house is in the country and they didn't have a garbage disposal, so any food that was like left in a bowl or whatever that wasn't suitable for the trash can, like a bowl of cereal that still had a few cereals left with the milk, my parents would pour it down the toilet to get rid of it. I understand you can't throw milk out in the trash can, so that makes sense, but that sound ALWAYS freaked me out. You all I'm sure understand why for obvious reasons.... Sooooooo glad I have a garbage disposal in my house.

Ewww how horrible for you! Uggh... I'm glad I have one too LOL

Miriam

</font>

Worms are not all as yucky as you think - some are being actively used to treat severe allergies and auto-immune disorders such as Crohn's disease. There is increasing evidence that the increase in the incidence of allergies and auto-immune diseases is because our immune system is not kept active enough because our modern, western lifestyle is too sanitised. So not all dirt, germs or worms are a bad thing - some are positively good for us!

Best wishes, Jill