Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everybody!!!! WARNING: VERY LONG!!!

I just have to share my latest encounters with "V"!!!! Well, as most of you may remember my little girl, Haley was ill a couple of weeks ago with a high fever, one dr. told us she had pneumonia and the urgent care center at Children's Mercy Hospital here in Kansas City said that she had a virus and that she was okay to travel with my mom and younger sister and Logan and I to Tennessee (a 16 hour drive, sigh!). So, we left 2 Mondays ago, and stopped for breakfast (fast food) and Haley ate a little bit, then fell asleep (still ill, but she'd had Advil, so her fever was temporarily down) well, she woke up and threw up in the car--agh!!! I didn't panic, just held a bowl in front of her mouth, I was so proud of my self!!! Well, we got to my grandparen't house in Tennessee late that night, I gave Haley a bath and then we went to bed, well she woke up the next morning with NO FEVER!!! YAY, so we thought she was better, so we did normal stuff that day, until Haley got tired and took a FOUR HOUR nap, then wanted to go back to sleep, which is not like her, any way, I kept an eye on her and shee seemed okay, until that night, we were laying together on the sofa bed at my granparent's house, and haley stopped breathing. I panicked and called my mom into the room and we rushed her to the ER--well after she was admitted to the ER and in her little room, I was throwing a way a tissue and what was in the trash?? You guessed it, V!!! AGH again!!!! Well, they admitted Haley to the Children's Hospital there, and the next night I was sleeping with her in her hospital room, when I was awakened by the sounds of the loudest and longest bout of v'ing I have ever heard!! The kid across the hall had surgery that day and was having a reaction to something, I felt so sorry for him, it was so loud that every nurse on the floor went running to his room and the kid's mom was begging them for a bucket for her son!!! Well, I didn't panic then, either, I just got up, shut Haley's door (the nurse had left it open) and fell back asleep!!! Anyway, Haley's diagnosis was sllep apnea caused by tonsilitis--which 3 doctors here in KC couldn't diagnose--grrrr......She's fine now, but that is not the end to my exposure!!!

Yesterday morning, Haley woke up, fine and happy, came downstairs a v'ed a small amount of SOMETHING--it was strange, because right after that she asked for donut holes and she ate 6 of them and was fine for the rest of the day!!!! Well, after Haley's v'ing incident, we went over to my mom's to borrow her car (it has better gas milage than mine) so I could drive with the girls to Omaha (3 hrs. away) for my best friend's baby shower, then last night around 10:30 we were home and my mom and sister came by to pick up the car, they stayed for a few minutes then left. Well, (we're close to the end of my story, I promise) I called my mom this morning to see if she was coming to church with me or not, well, she said that she woke up the morning, feeling fine and was about to eat breakfast, when she felt like she was going to have diarrhea, she went to the bathroom and while she was doing the aforementioned deed, she had to suddenly pull the trash can over and v** into that. She didn't do either one again, and felt fine an hour after she was ill and is now eating a cheeseburger. I am worried about us catching some strange bug from her!!!!! Anyway that's the end of my saga of v*** experiences!!!

HOLY s***E! PArdon the swear! LOL.

That is soooo much to handle. Especially for an emet. I'm glad Haley is feeling a bit better. You never know with kids, they always get sick for different reasons.

That is weird about your mom, being sick for only an hour. But if she was eating a cheeseburger...I'm sure she's okay. Maybe it was something she ate??

Hope you are doing okay. LEt us know!

Wow, you're so brave! I couldn't have handled that. I hope everything
    turns out okay!
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

WOW. That is the most random exposure to v* I've ever heard! You did terrific!!!!!!!! Glad your daughter's feeling better! Be proud of yourself!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

OH DONNA! You poor thing have just had the worst time. Hopefully this spring and summer will bring you better luck. I'm glad Haley is feeling better and I can't believe that the doctors there couldn't diagnos tonsilitis!

With your mom, I know that sometimes when I have stomach cramps from diarrea I get all hot and sweaty and feel like I might pass out or be ill, so perhaps that was what happened there... who knows... she's definitely not an emet though... eating a cheeseburger just after all that!!!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Hi Donna! This is Pilar . I have a new nic now...

Anyway, you are truly an inspiration to me because I've been so worried about stomach bugs when I have kids. You handled everything so well - they say that you should "feel the fear and do it anyway", you did just that. I hope I can be as brave as you are when I'm a mom!

Your mom's incidence sounds just like a freak thing, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. My husband did the same thing a couple years ago...he woke up, v*ed, and ate a cheeseburger 3 hours later - and was just fine. It took me longer to recover than it did him!

P.S., My sister lives in KC, and I am there all the time! Maybe we could meet if you are willing and if it is convenient. I've never met another emet in person before (except one guy, who wouldn't admit it, but was actually more freaked out than I).

Congrats your strength and ability to get through all that! It sounds to me like you could handle anything.
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]GOD GOD DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, DO YOU KNOW THAT????

Geesh!!!! I'm SOOO SOOO sorry you had to go through all of that and allof these eventsso close together!!! WOW!!! Like Pilar said, you handeled everything SOOO well!! I don't think you could have done it better!!! WOW!! I'm still amazed at all you've had to go through and the way you just fought the fear head onand dealt with it like that!!!! I admire you so much for doing that and I hope to be as great a mother as you are with your children!!

By the way, how is poor Haley now?? Poor baby!! Did she have to get her tonsils taken out because you said she had tonsilitis. How scary that must've been for you to have her stop breathing and be so ill like that!! I hope she's well now!!!

And how is your mom?

What about Logan?

And you, how are you doing??? Goodness, I couldn't imagine being in your situation and not having a nervous breakdown!! You're amazing!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow! hats off to you!

yeah--- i just wanna say the same as what everyone else has already..

i think thats a great achievement, welldone. all of that, with hardly any panic. gosh, wish everyone cud do that.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Awww, thanks you guys!!! It really WAS a trial!! Haley is okay now (just suffering from allergies today!!), she didn't have her tonsils out because they don't do that until they are 3 and she just turned 2. Logan has been fine except for her allergies (knock on wood)!!! Thanks for asking!!!

Pilar, next time you are in KC we should get together!! Where in KC does she live??

Donna-

I will be in Kansas City in May! I will be there for my sister's wedding, but I might be able to slip away for a while. I will be there from May 4-10. I saw that you went to a Royals game - we're planning to go to one on the night of May 10!

My sister lives in Lenexa - would that be close by to you?
    Soluene

No, I don't live near Lenexa (well, it's only about 1/2 an hour away, so it's not like it's extremely far away!!) I live "north of the river" as we say here. Greg and I are planning on going to LOTS of Royals games this year, if that's one of the ones we're going to, I'll post that here and let you know, I have to check with him first!! Maybe we could meet at "The K".

Ok, sounds great! Feel free to PM me or email me when you find out (just in case this thread is dead by then).
    Soluene

Holy cow Donna!!!

Man honest you are an inspiration to emets everywhere! Man you deal with so much V* from your kids, poor Haley, shes been sick so much it seems, not only this year but I remember last year was really tough too.

Your amazing how you handled all that!!!

Wow, that is a tough few days! I'm so pleased at how well you coped with it all, you've been fantastic!

Hope your Mum and Haley are feeling better now.

Abi xxxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"