Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you set off fireworks?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

3 21.43%
  • No.

11 78.57%

Thread: Fireworks

Do you set off fireworks, And no I don't mean the little novelty smoke bombs or sparklers. I mean real fireworks, Firecrackers, roman candles, spinners, jacks.. etc... oh and bottle rockets.? I'm not going to answer in the poll.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Nope, totally not worth the risk of getting arrested. Very illegal in California. Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No, and my neighbors who do it weeks after the 4th of July at 2am make me very angry.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Illegal!?

Are we talking the same type of fireworks as they do over here?
    I'm probably being an idiot again, it happens a lot....
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Well it is illegal to do anything fun like that in my state. Even most laser pointers are illegal here.

When I was younger though, I may have used fire crackers and fireworks. I may also have played with certain laser pointers. I may have done this in the woods with my brother and friends. We may have had a lot of fun. My memory is hazy though – and I am on lots of medications. I just can’t seem to say if it really did happen.
    *Whistling.*

Only people with permits and if there's a special event going on it's fine but if people want to set them off themselves then it's illegal but people do anyways. It's illegal to even have them or bring them back from Mexico.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Is it to try and prevent more fires?
    Or are the fireworks just like really super and massive?

Ok, this is possibly the dumbest question I've ever asked (and there've been many....) over here we have Fireworks Night, do you not have anything like that?
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Where I live every form of firework is illegal, regardless of size - same with fire crackers. There are nights like the 4th of July when professionals come and set them off in populated town areas for people to see.

Not a dumb question at all. Everywhere has different rules Yea, it's to prevent fires from happening. Only professionals can set them off but all fireworks of any size is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn1988
    Not a dumb question at all. Everywhere has different rules Yea, it's to prevent fires from happening. Only professionals can set them off but all fireworks of any size is illegal.
    Ah wow, thanks for explaining!

I love finding out the differences etc. between UK and US, I see them as kind of similar, but I guess it's the little things that are different....

Me too! It's fun seeing the diffrences between other countries!

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn1988
    AS FAR AS I KNOW! DIFFERENT STATES HAVE DIFFERENT LAWS. DIFFERENT STATES MIGHT HAVE BOTTLE ROCKETS AND FIRECRACKERS LEGAL? EH? SORRY ABOUT CAPS, THE KEY IS STUCK ):

Yea different states do have different laws.

Lol sorrry about the capital reply everyone!! My caps key stuck!! Oh welll..

I find the whole different state-different laws thing really interesting too!

Basically, I find strange things interesting!

Lol..I do find strange things interesting as well and even the littlest things![img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]

we have always done fireworks for as long as i can remember...i love it!! =)
    and i live in tennessee so no type of fireworks are illegal here! and im very happy about that!!

Same.

we can't do that here, they're illegal in NYS.

i did once, however, "smuggle" some back from Virginia and set them off when we got home. they weren't big ones, mainly just sparkler-type things and spinners. my hubby had two colored smoke bombs when we first got together and we set them off one night just to get rid of them. it was funny watching pink smoke float over to the neighbors' yards lol

They just made them illegal here like last year i think

But its canada day here today so im going to watch some blow up tonight
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

They are illegal in Florida but usually "tolerated" as long as you don't be stupid, kids with fire crackers and almost anything on the 4th of July or New Years technically illegal but yet tolerated. I have used these things my whole life and they really are not that dangerous. I've even had the crackers blow up in my hand stings and burns like a b**** but no permanent damage. You don't want them to blow up in your face as they could damage your eyes, and of course I think it's wrong to use them where other people could get hurt or you could start fires, also be considerate of your neighbors it helps with not getting caught. Also the big mortars, be real careful with them, they are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Be safe and have fun

^Great advice.

They're legal (besides bottle rockets) in Oklahoma.

we just watch 'em. its much more fun!

It's illegal here in Illinois too... but people do it. People just go to Indiana
    and stock up.

We play with little ones, but nothing big.

A few years ago a little girl was killed here by a firework malfunctioning.
    Things like that happen all the time. It's dangerous.
    - Carrie

I as a rule generally don't play with anything bigger than a firecracker or a small bottle rocket.

It's strange, there are fireworks for sale in my town.I live in northern california. But they are illegal in the next town over in the same county. Here is law.

sales of State-Approved Fireworks are allowed beginning July 1st and ending July 4th. Use and discharge of State-approved fireworks are only allowed July 4th (one day only). No fireworks are allowed in the High Fire Hazard Severity Zone. Illegal fireworks (illegal - flies through the air, travels across the ground or explodes) are prohibited. Enforcement teams will be patrolling the city and issuing $1,000 citations for possession and discharge of illegal fireworks.

So strange that it can change from town to town. But I am going to watch a show at a fair. Its huge and beautiful, and much less work.

--Kim

they are illegal in my town yet I seen a booth here LOL.

when i was younger, we set off some little red fire crackers I guess they were called.Not sure.

not really into s*** blowing up anymore though lol.

We don't. But our neighbors do a lot. They're usually setting them off at after midnight for like a week. It's pretty annoying, especially when you can't even see them. They're not doing it now, but last night they did until after 2:00AM. I'm not sure if they're illegal here.