Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok we might as well start preparing for the preparations for Number 2!

As of Monday,try not ask any one if you can get sick off something,try not approach a family member and ask if you can get sick of this or that, try not to remember that flu season is around the bend, in most cases it has started. Monday, Tuesday, let's try and discuss something else, in this thread, let's talk about other things besides vomit, or stomach flus, or a guy or girl at work is ill. We can discuss anything you want, show children's pictures, talk about your dog, your life, a high school crush, nothing upsetting, let's just talk it up.

Try to keep our minds off the beast for two days.

Stephen

I like these ideas. Let's talk about girls; girls are hot -The End-
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

yeah, i think that's a great idea too. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Great Idea......Let`s start......

Last night I ended my relationshop with my aunt and my sister, I told my aunt to die.

Very long story, I don`t want to bore you guys with it but someone last night told me that I finally got everything that I`ve felt for my aunt off my chest and now I am liberated of her. I don`t feel that good at the moment, I feel weird, but not a sick way, like as if I`ve now ruined the closeness of the family because whenever there is a birthday, the entire family is there, and my mom got involved and now they`re no longer speaking. God I made a mess out of everything, and I was told not to blame myself because she had it coming, thinking she was all it all the time.....She told me I never loved my dad (he passed away 4 yrs ago), and she told me that my life is screwed up because I have a bf who`s 38 and I`m 24, and we love eachother and live together but she thinks its screwed up, meanwhile the new love of her life is in his late 30`s also and she`s 49. God I want to kill her so badly, I want her to eat the words she said, and I want her to suffer........Any advice?????

hmmm thats a tough one, i dont really know what to say!!! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Good idea stephen, although i have a feeling it may be difficult!!!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hi terified, man did you come out swinging or what? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]You know my family has been in shambles for ever, my mother and I have no relationship at all, for someone to tell you, that you have no love for your father, whom has passed away is cold, and vicious. Arrogance, and ignorance, and very similar [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]. And for your aunt to say that proves she's a rare breed who is both. People always like to shove their noses in to peoples lives and can't seem to stay out of situations. So your boyfriend is 38, you love him, like you said, and in the end your happiness is what matters most. Now if you were 13, and he was 30, then I would be like, AHHHHHHHHHHH!

R311, I like girls, I like girls a lot, I can't help it, I think I am just programmed that way. Hell but I'll humor you, which one r311? The ageless question. Red head? Blonde? Or brunette? Personally I find myself staring at the brunette, don't ask me why couldn't tell you. NOT THAT I MIND THE OTHERS THOUGH.

Stephie, we'll talk about whatever you want to talk about!

Stephen

Ok, I'll go next, I'm having a good day so far anyways... it's only 7:53 AM but I'm on the top side of the grass, so ........

I'm happy because my husband is coming home tonight. He's been away for work, in Biloxi, Mississippi and it sucks being alone. So I can't wait to go to the airport tonight to pick him up!!!

Can you believe we have a chance of snow here today???? Advice for everyone: don't go to North Dakota because it snows before Halloween.

I don't know what to tell you Terrified, I think your aunt is horrible for telling you anything like that about your dad. She must be extremely unhappy to have to try and drag everyone else down. Know what I think about those kinds of people? They'll get what they have coming to them. I think once you're in your 20s, who cares about age and love. She's probably jealous, i.e. getting it on with a younger man, so who's she to talk??

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Ahh Sarah, all we have to do is focus on things that are normally outside of things we talk about for example here I'll getthis party rolling. I am a huge motion picture nut.

WHATS YOUR FAVORTIE MOVIE!?!

Discuss some movies, grab some popcorn!

My favorite film? Easy, and your gonna laugh when I tell you why. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), now before you go OH MY GOD! Stephen you have seen timeless classics like The Godfather, Blade Runner, Casablanca, my lord you've seen everything! It takes a lot in a film to disturb me, for example when I was leaving the theatre after the movie Seven, and this film continues to just creep me out even though I have seen it upwards of 200 times. The film was made on next to nothing, and continues today to be the one movie that shows all the young bucks making horror films, that they are doing it completely wrong. Over excessive gore, sex, nudity, and foul language don't really need to be a part of a horror film to make it grab you.

Here we go I'll run with this...

The 5 Best Horror / Suspense movies in my opinion. Since Halloween is approaching, I'll do other lists as we go on.

1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

2. Alien (1979) If I ever run in to Ridley Scott in person, I'm gonna pop him in the nose for causing me MANY sleepless nights as a child.

3. The Changling (1980) If you believe in ghosts, or are creeped out by them, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE.

4. The Thing (1981) What a work of art, I was so impressed by this movie, for them to use rubber for all the effects, it still looks like a movie made with computer animation, the acting is top rate, and the movie is so bold, and spooky, after listening to the director's commentary though and they mentioned that a day didn't go by the John Carpenter and Kurt Russell weren't drunk or high, I can see why the movie worked.

5. Dirty Dancing Havana Nights (2004) I was screaming OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP the whole time, I am still not well after watching this turd. This is what happens when you listen toa video store clerk, I was tearing up after the opening credits and screaming by the end. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Stephen

I LOVED The Day After Tomorrow. I know so many people
    werent too thrilled with it but the effects, OMG!!! Talk about amazing!
    Has anyone else here seen it? I admit the plot was kinda stupid but I
    didnt care... the effects were sooo cool. Well believe me too, I know
    how it is with family troubles... my SIL pretty much tore mine apart
    and I think its safe to say now my parents know that. They have been
    not saying nice things about her either for a while... they still want
    peace which is fine but wont give to them anything else... thats fine
    by me. I am sure you are tired of hearing about my SIL, but... sorry I
    cant forgive her for what she has done to us. We have such a small
    family as it is and this is what happened?? It makes me more mad that
    they were so nice to her but I guess they wanted to do it to keep the
    peace... Anyway I will stop there. What is everyone's plans for this
    weekend? I have a lot of shopping to do. With kids you dont really have
    your Saturday nights to yourselves too often oh well but since they
    get older and more self sufficient, my parents will be more willing to
    watch them more often and we can get out more...Anyway thats all I have
    got to say for now.

Miriam

</font>

Stephen, you absolutely crack me up, I am definately going to rent those movies you mentioned, especially the changling, I really believe we are surrounded by something and believe in ghosts (I think!) and I want to make myself regret watching it afterwards because I am the type of person who will not go pee alone again after the movie and probably for a about a day.....

Thanks for the words![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

The Changling starring George C. Scott is one of the most disturbing ghost films of all time, ecspecially if you have an over active imagination. The film contains no blood, just pure scares..... Man I swear I just got a cold chill thinking about the..... HA THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GIVE YOU A SCENE!!!!! Oh no, I will wait till you get back on here and say "WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LET ME WATCH THAT BUTTHOLE?!!!!"

You know you really should rent those on Halloween.

Thats the way I do it, just don't rent Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, that is a cruel thing to do to your brain. You can feel yourself getting stupider as you watch that movie.

Too late, already watched it, it didn't destroy my brain but it also didn't amuse me, how they could go ahead and ruin the name dirty dancing to begin with is beyond me, I love the first one and nobody is going to ever change my mind on that one....But yeah your warning is no good to me!!!!!!!!

Alright now you've got me really spooked on this film and am not sure if I want to get it now......

LOL

Hi, guys!

I like this idea! The first one had us focus on it, now we can take our minds off it! So...terrified girl, I am sorry and that sucks, but can I just say...how come the 20 and 40 somethings are getting the 30 something men and I am left alone? Ha, just kidding. I think age does not matter in love, I am just lonely. And,completely sick of it. And, sad to hear that Stephen liked brunettes! I love movies, though.Thanks for the list. Some friends and I have a tradition (this will be 3rd annual) of watching a scary movie every Halloween. The first year we saw The Ring. Freaked me out so bad, I made my gay friend Mike stay overnight with me! Last year we watched 28 Days Later. Not bad! So, we are open to suggestions for this year! This weekend.....hmmm, I think I am going to see some music tonight.....and tomorrow night I am going to a bar to celebrate a friend who got married....complicated story...she married a guy from Ireland, but they are having a REAL wedding in June, this was just so he could legally stay here.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. TGIF! Hope all are well,

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Any girl will do, hair color is no biggy for me. I guess the one area I am picky about is intelligence. One time I told this girl I used to hang out with that I am 1/2 Panamanian (Panama) and she's like
    "OMG YOUR ASIAN!!" I was like uhh Panama Canal...she's like "Yea, In China!" [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Cool, I actually am a smart blonde, and no, that is not an oxymoron! Problem is, r311, I am a bit OLD for you!

Mary

I hate being surprised so I don't like scary movies. I'm with terrified, I won't go pee alone after the movie!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Speaking of geography, I am under the impression that Americans just don't know that much about it - I dunno - don't study it in school or whatever. Canadians are pretty much all very VERY educated (in grade and high school) about geography, yet the Americans we meet don't seem to know anything.

I heard about some American baseball commentator last week that said some baseball player was from New Westminster, BC, Canada "where moose roam the streets and the temperature never gets above a balmy 54 degrees". Canadians had a mixed response of outrage and hilarious laughter. (New Westminister, 15 minutes from my suburb is also a suburb of Vancouver - a city with over a million people and um....no more moose than you'd see in downtown Seattle or Philadelphia. The weather is west-coast marine with temps in the summer up to 100 degrees, and never really colder than 30 all winter. Some winters it doesn't even freeze here.) So anyway....ha ha - the guy's "geographically challenged". What about the rest of you Americans?

Oh ya - we have this Canadian comedian on a show called "Canadian Air Farce" who does a bit each week called "talking to Americans" and he goes down to the States and tells Americans ridiculous things that they believe (about Canada, usually) so we can all watch them make fools of themselves and laugh our heads off.

Anyway, I was more wondering about the geography aspect, and what y'all learn in school.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

erm..Well..we dont have a separate subject for geography..We study geography in Social Studies/History class. I think they dont think geography is very important to know or whatnot but they dont teach it separately..We dont go into great detail about it either. We just learn like the continents/countries and mountains and stuff. That's as far as we go in geography..i think. Well in my state that's how it is. They focus on indept in History right down the the dates..Edited by: wing
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

You know I made a joke about this today to someone and I think it was Vicky, but I told her that my boss yells at me, to yell more at a guy that is supposed to be yelling at a group of other guys.

I think that fits very well here. In my schooling anyway, (I am far removed.)very important things are taught early on, Then as we get older math is force fed to us, and we socialize like crazy. I love art, and history. Two things that I guess they felt wasted my time.

In the United States, West Virginia areateachers, at least in my era, wanted to blaze through as much as they could we had no time to savor anything.

Stephen

Interesting...thanks. I wondered whether it's that Americans put more of an emphasis on history or something. So maybe we Canadians know all about other countries, but we have no idea what the hell happened to us - lol!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

As for different color hair, blondes are wonderful, I think blondes are so misunderstood. I just love dark wavy hair on a woman. My wife was blonde if that is any point to this. Something about darker hair on a lady. But to be honest I got to hear a woman laugh before I even have ahint of attraction, don't ask me why.

I know I have serious issues.

Stephen

School system of America ? *thumbs down* I think I learned more on my own than I did in school. Here's a perfect example, a girl I used to work with had a 4.5 GPA (4.0 is straight A's, she had honor classes)
    But common sense wise she was an idiot. We told her Adolf Hitler invented the condom and that his full name was Adolf Hiter Condom and that he was French. We later told her that the term raining cats and dogs came from an incident at Super Bowl XXII in 1844 when a man in a blimp flew over the game during half time promoting his pet business, lightning stuck the blimp and thus, 'raining cats and dogs'..unfortuantaly 20 people died in the incident..and don't get me started on how she believed that pharaohs invented hats to protect thier corn rows *shakes head* so much for "smart" people!

I was hoping I would see Sage in this thread!!!!!! Hey Sage what is your favorite movie???? Same to you R311? I wanna know..... Call me crazy (Wait scratch that don't call me crazy.) MBS by chance did you see Armageddon? If you liked DAT, I can list you a ton of disaster pictures that were just top rate.

Man I watched a real tear jerker tonight, NOT THAT I CRIED[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img], no seriously stop staring! WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT! Stop it!!!!!

Man In The Moon (1991) Not the Jim Carrey film, it was a the movie about the girls and the ranch. I try to watch new films as much as possible. What a movie. The film starsJason London, "Randall" from Dazed and Confused. A really powerful movie.[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]STOP STARING!

Stephen

Edited by: sbias

I loved that movie, must have watched it 20 times at least, last night I fell asleep on a movie I was watching with my bf, Passion of the Christ, and after it was over I woke up and my bf says he never cried so much for a movie before, I've never seen my bf shed one damn tear and now he supposedly cries when I'm asleep????? Sheesh........I was so pissed that I missed mr.tough cry I couldn't fall back to sleep!!!!!!!!

I'm so messed up!

Have you seen it yet Stephen?

Ok after posting my last one here I went and watched passion of the christ, I said to myself that this movie would not make me cry because I knew the story and was expecting it, the tears were falling without my control, it was the most disgusting true story I've ever seen, I nearly lost my breakfast a 100 times and I didn't want to watch it anymore but I just couldn't flip the channel, I had to keep watching even though I was feeling the pain for him, very well done, I don't know why Mel Gibson was condemned for making this film, it was just the truth, no? Graphic, but good.....

Anyone else see this movie?

Hi, again,

Well, with straight blonde hair I guess I have no chance with Stephen....but I keep on looking! Though I was laughing today when I read what you said about a girl's laugh. I just today had a compliment (I think) on my laugh. This is what she said: "I love the way Mary throws her whole body into her laughing." How's that?

Anyway, geography.....pretty much sucks in the US schools, everyone is right. I am a music teacher, but even I try to throw in a bit of geography with my lessons...where in the world different songs cam from, etc. Hey, and I just had an idea...if anyone has any cool songs from their particular area of the world, I'd be happy to teach my kids....and I'd teach them WHERE in the world it came from!

Oh, and, yes!! Man in the Moon was a great movie!! I did not see the Passion, though. Don't really want to.....

Mary

Well, another good halloween movie would be of course the "Halloween" series. They scared me to death....lol. Also "The Ring" is scary.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

No I never did see </font>Armageddon. I know of many people who did and liked it...</font>

Throw your whole body in to it?....... Hmmmm.... Errrrrrr......... Nice..... What was I talking about again? Sorry lost my train of thought. Whole body? Thats excellent.....

MBS you should see Armageddon. I think you would absolutely love it!

As for the Halloween series of films, nothing wrong with the first one. The film has a really nice OH MY SWEET LORD vibe going in to it. After that they did the same crap over and over again, turning him in to an unstoppable killing machine, following the veins of the Friday the 13th films.

The Passion was a exceptional motion picture, and as for Mel being condemded, I really think having a 300+ million dollar us movie far from does that trick, he recieved a lot of praise word of mouth wise for making this film. And he iconed himself. My big thing with Mel is what the hell does he do to top that, that kind of feat is UNHEARD of for a independant motion picture.

Stephen,

I guess I keep missing you online today! I have a funny picture of me laughing like that to show you! And, I am sure if you come to Chicago, you will be able to make me laugh that hard....then maybe you can look past the straight blonde hair!

Mary