Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lets just start by saying I'm sixteen years old and I have the energy of an eighty year old. I havent been feeling good this past week. I feel very tired and I'm having daily headaches and I feel very weakened. Shortly after awakening from bed I feel like my body needs another 8-10 hours of sleep. Headaches everyday are starting to get to me. I'm getting to the point where I'm scared to eat again. I'm afraid something is seriously wrong with me--like leukemia or something.

I woke up today and my intestines ached and I couldnt "go." My bowels are screwed up so much all the time.

Any idea whats wrong with me? Could it be because I'm slacking on taking my multivitamin? I had these symptoms before and when I started taking that vitamin EVERYDAY I eventually felt better- no weakness- not tired- bye bye daily headaches. Lately I've been slacking. I take them maybe once every other day--mostly because I forget. I guess I should take them regularly and see if I feel better.

I just got my drivers permit and I want to drive but I feel too s***ty to drive. Right now my head aches and I'm so tired. I wish I could nap but that makes me feel worse. Its been about 4 hours since I last ate and I'm hungry but too scared to eat.

Alot of how I'm feeling could be my diet. It consists of pizza, cookies, doritos, icecream, cakes, fast food. I'm screwing up my body and yet I have no self control to change my bad habits.

I'm aching physically and emotionally. What could be wrong? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hey...I know that when I was really anxious ( I went through a rough time) I had headaches all the time. Anxiety takes a toll on your body seriously!!

Hope you feel better soon hun.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I have to agree and say it is anxiety, at the point in my life when i was most anxious, i slept so much, felt so drained. Its the adrenaline that goes through your body so much that even when you sleep you are not resting, the reason i know this is because the day i stopped panicking and truely my anxiety was gone, my body felt lighter, my head was clear and my stomach was no longer nauseated all the time.

Your diet honestly doesnt help, and i find we keep having this discussion really, but i also remember getting pissed at sage once for giving me advice me on food, so i wont lecture you.

I personally what you need to do is something out of your routine, something physical, either ourdoors or in depending on what you can manage, outdoors is better. No matter how exhausted or panicky you feel you need to push yourself to achieve a task, because you will feel accomplished, and you will have done something with the adrenaline rather than have it just sit there. So tidy up, or walk, or exercise, or dance or skip or anything that involves moving for half an hour a day and that doesnt need you to think about it.

Good Luck

Louise

P.S heres a link to something that might explain it better than i can http://www.lindaland.com/stressbook/page26.htmEdited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

mystikal star:
    I feel the same way 99% of the time. I found that going to bed at 9 or 10
    helps. It may take a while to feel rested up, but eventually it'll work. Also,
    too much sugar can do that, and not enough water. If you drink a lot of
    caffeine, change to water. Easier said than done, but trust me, it really
    gets the energy back up.
    But I'm not an expert. If you're getting lots of sleep, eating right, and
    drinking a good amount of water each day, and still feeling crappy, GO
    SEE YOUR DOCTOR. It may be nothing, but it's always nice to hear that
    from a professional.
    I hope you feel better soon!! *hugs*
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Yup, Louise is right - adrenaline can not only affect your sleep, but you can get what I like to call "adrenaline hangovers". Having that much adrenaline in your body all the time does make you feel sick! As does the stress.

Your body is acting like you are constantly running from danger when it is that stressed. Your sympathetic nervous systems is in high gear. That means: stomach acid is decrease, heart rate is up, intestine motility DOWN (could be why you can't 'go'), breathing up, feelings of fear and anxiety up... BUT, your body cannot maintain this all the time, and once your anxiety goes down, the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in. That means: stomach acid UP, among the opposite of everything else I mentioned above. So of course, when your stomach acid is up, you will probably feel sick (but you won't v*).

You are fatigued because your body is trying to maintain itself in high gear ALL the time. And once it goes down and the stomach acid moves in, you make it go UP again because the stomach thing makes you anxious. So, Louise's advice was right on: You have to break this cycle. It is not just going to happen, either. YOU have to make it happen, and only you can do it.

And yes, changing your diet would definitely be a place to start. (And I'm not afraid to give a little lecture, although I don't mean to be condescending - only helpful!) Foods high in fat, simple sugars, and caffeine can aggravate anxiety. You are not getting enough fiber, which you need to clear your intestines. You also need the vitamins, minerals (especially calcium), and anti-oxidants available in fruits and vegetables. At 16, your body needs the best nourishment in can get as you are growing! So, next time you want to grab a bag of doritos, grab a banana instead!

Also, a word about multi-vitamins. Although they are all the rage, they have not been shown to significantly prevent the onset or duration of disease (yet). It is pretty much believed (in the scientific community, which I am in) that somethingin broccoli, carrots, etc. somehow makes those nutrients get into your system much better than a processed little pill. So, you can't substitute vitamins for good food.

Finally - read Fast Food Nation. As an emet, you'll never eat fast food again! I haven't eaten fast food ONCEfor that past 6 months.

Ok, I'm done 'lecturing' - again, I hope you find this helpful and not condescending. If it helps at all, I went through the exact same thing when I was 16. I was always sick, always miserable, always anxious, and ate nothing but fast food. It was the worst year of my whole life, and I don't want that to happen to you!

Good luck!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Soluene's right on. Diet plays a very important role in how you feel--which I'm finding out myself. Fiber has become my best friend. The more I eat, the better I feel. I'm regular and my IBS symptoms are practically nonexistent. I drink between 2-3 liters of water a day, and only drink one can of diet soda or unsweetened iced tea a day. Without the caffeine and sugar pumping in my veins, I feel 110% better. I really do have more energy and I get a good night's sleep. It works! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well I felt exactly like that for a while. I guess my diet was OK during that time; I did eat more burgers and poutine and such, but those food actually make me feel quite well when I eat them.

I think more of it has to do with doing not much. I think that is the single most horrible thing for a person, even more than a less than perfect diet. People eat way worse than that and feel fine. Nobody feels good if they do nothing though! I had those headaches every day, and felt so tired and all that, and big surprise, I did nothing at all. I worked for a while and it got a lot better.

what a horrible night to have a curse.

I think its all to do with anxiety and your curent diet.

The foods you are eating arnt giving you enough energy to get through the day. You need to eat more aof a balanced diet with more carbs, like bread, pasta, cerials etc.

Also anxiety can cause you to get ill. I have also been feeling like this recently and know how you are feeling. Try adjusting your diet and maybe trying to get a more regular sleep pattern. I'm not sure what else to suggest!!

I hope you feel better soon!