Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Alright guys, I introduced these a while back to my friends and family; now I'd love to present them to you all! These awesomely tasty confections are super easy to make, keep fresh for verrrry long times, and make you extremely popular at parties (lol).

For the original recipe, go here: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2007/1...vet-cake-balls. html

But I took that and totally ran with it. I now do over 25 different flavours, and I've done loads of them for weddings, showers and events here! The name is a little odd, but the results are fantastic, and they are SO EASY, I swear.

If any of you have done the Oreo Truffles, it's the same sort of idea. Make a cake, let it cool, then mix it with cream cheese flavoured frosting; form it into balls, freeze them, dip in chocolate and decorate!

My favourites so far are Chocolate Peanut Butter (dark chocolate cake, 1/3rd can of cream cheese frosting, 2 good dollops of creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup Reese's chips) and Orange Cream (vanilla cake mix, replace water in mix with Stewart's Orange Cream Soda, garnish with wedges of Orange Jelly Slices).

Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

God those look amazing.... my mouths watering.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

gimmee demz now!!!!!

They are sooo good, like a beautiful lovechild of a cupcake and a truffle. They're a fun project for kids and adults, too-- not much sharp knives or hot stoves involved. :-)

Amazing!! I'm going to have to make those. Thanks for posting this. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

You're so welcome! I hope you do end up making them, they are TOTALLY worth it!

So remember, out there somewhere, you\'ve got a friend
    And you\'ll never walk alone again

If you ever need someone to talk to...
    AIM: shillelaghlaw512

NO WAY!! I WAS GONNA POST A NOMNOM PIC!

lol, well I've been beaten to it! Those look AMAZING ly!

Yours look amazing, but it reminds me of a blog site you may find interesting.
    Cake Wrecks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha, asianeko, I look at Cake Wrecks at least once a day-- and that's actually where I first found out about cakeballs. She did a Sunday Sweets feature on Valentine's Day weekend that included the box of v-day "truffles" that were actually red velvet cakeballs, and the "box" made out of cake and fondant. SO LOVELY, and I was totally hooked on the idea of the balls.

I made a load and took them to a farmer's market yesterday, and made over $60 in 4 hours!

I just had to brag a bit... I finally finished my 100-ball order for today, and I think it came out pretty good...

I just wish I could order them from you instead of having to make them. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Wow, that's brilliant. It's something I could even make without having to learn new recipes. Could just get a cake from the store and some nice cremecheese frosting, get rid of whatever blah frosting the cake comes with and roll cake with that, dip them in melted chocolate (the only 'recipe' I've mastered), maybe add some chipped nuts or something, cool in fridge, and voila.

I'm seriously considering doing this at the next Dungeons & Dragons game I go to. I usually bring some chips, soda, and snack cakes from the store but these would be delightful.

I think these could be good for us emets too, actually, since it's something we can make for ourselves that can be stored safely for a very long time, and it's just a small treat that won't make us feel stuffed.

And they're so tempting that it'll get us back onto regular food again when we're getting out of a panicky week.
    So long as you don\'t give in to the fear, it doesn\'t matter what else happens.

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang
    I just wish I could order them from you instead of having to make them. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    You can, you know! I sell and ship them. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stromko

I think these could be good for us emets too, actually, since it's something we can make for ourselves that can be stored safely for a very long time, and it's just a small treat that won't make us feel stuffed.

And they're so tempting that it'll get us back onto regular food again when we're getting out of a panicky week.
    Definitely! The only risk of getting sick is succumbing to temptation and eating them until you pass out. ;-) Plus, you could absolutely make "healthier" versions of these-- use muffin mixes instead of cakes, for example (I do that for my pumpkin and banana nut ones :-)) or use unsweetened dark chocolate to dip them in. But the point is, it's a tempting treat that's super easy and people LOVE them. I hope your D&D folks flip when they see 'em! :-D

I'm starving and these look perfect. I'm totally going to make some next week.
    Crayon

Let us know how they turn out! I hope you do make them.

TOO FUNNY as I just had my first cake ball (balls!!!) over the weekend. My friend had a 30th birthday party and her mom make 200 of them.

They are FANTASTIC - DELICIOUS - SCRUMPTIOUS -- your's are prettier but the taste NOTHING like it.

Strawberry was my favorite what flavors do you make and how can I order them???

Hehehe! That's too funny, I love it! Awesome timing. They really are amazing, aren't they?

If you can think of a cake, I can make a cakeball out of it! :-) Currently, these are the ones I do regularly for orders:

Chocolate
    Vanilla
    Strawberry
    Orange Cream
    Lemon
    Chocolate-Cherry
    Mocha
    Coffee
    German Chocolate
    Irish Creme
    Coconut
    Pineapple
    Pina Colada
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
    Carrot Cake
    Banana Nut
    Pumpkin
    Chocolate Mint
    Red Velvet
    Raspberry
    Vegan Chocolate Chip PB
    Low(er) Sugar Chocolate

But if you see your favourite kind of cake isn't on that list, PLEASE tell me. I love to experiment. :-D

If you want to place an order, just email me-- or even use this thread, lol! You can pay via PayPal and I will ship them right out. :-)

I definately will!! I heard they are alot of work and your's are so....pretty. I can't wait to have a reason to get some (you know besides eating them all myself - LOL).

As for your flavor combinations -- OMG I can't think of anything you are missing!!!

Very creative, very good -- YUMMY!!!

I'm so hungry!
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Hehe, when I first started doing them, I had a manager at work who ended up ordering LITERALLY over 300 balls total over the course of two months, JUST for herself and her boyfriend. :-O She was the skinniest little thing, too, I hated it! ;-)

I bought some fondant to play with today to see if I can expand my decorating repertoire. I am having so much fun, it MUST be illegal!!

wow they look amazing! they would be perfect for like wedding favours or you could make a whole cake out of them - like u see with the profiterole towers! you could amke cake towers [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

they look so pretty!

Ejb, that's exactly the sort of thing I want to do! I have had one huge order for 250 that they used for wedding favours. I think a profiterole tower thing of them would be GORGEOUS, and they're comparable enough to petite fours that they'd be good for tea parties and such, too. :-D

So has anybody else tried these yet? I would love to see pics!

Here's a shot of the batch I'm preparing for an order tomorrow-- while they're naked. :-O Hehe. Now you see why I spend so much time covering 'em up afterwards. :-)

How long does it take to make and ship? I need about 50 pieces (pricing as well) in tropical flavors for a Jamaican themed party THIS SATURDAY.

Please advise ASAP (sorry for the late notice)

THE WEBSITE ISN'T WORKING! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I'm sad...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

Here's a working website: http://lovelylittlecakes.blogspot.co...red-velvet-cak e-balls.html

REMOVE THE SPACE IN THE LINK!

That link doesn't work, either! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

This link REALLY does work! http://twobites.wordpress.com/2008/0...late-dipped-re d-velvet-cake-balls/

oh. my. god.
    i want them, now. hahahaha.

:] do you seriously take orders and such and ship them? how much do you typically charge for like a dozen or something. they look amazing. haha.
    "He has not learned the lesson of life who does not every day surmount a fear."