Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my friend took me to the store and we were stopped at a light and I look over and this kid in the back seat of the car next to me rolls down the window and sticks his head out. It was on the other side of the car so thank GOD i didnt physically see it come out but his body movements made it obvious he was v*. His parents were just all nonchalant in teh front. He was probably 11 years old. EW EW. Then he finished i guess and i snuck a look back over and some was on his window. My panic is that my window was open and as soon as i realized what was happening i rolled it up. Is there any way I can catch something?!? I know i am being ridiculous just want to know your thoughts. Then when the light turned I couldnt suppress the urge to look and there it was a HUGE puddle EW EW EW EW. I only looked for a split second and I didnt really panic just was kind of grossed out. But now a few hours later I feel a but n* and cant get the whole thing out of my head! I am safe right????

Nah you're safe...but I sure wouldn't have wanted to have to see that.

Yeah it was nasty. I did pretty well tho i didnt panic, i just feel panicky now - lol. feelin kind gross

How unfortunate you had to witness that! I am certain you will be alright
    though!
    Life is so worth living.

Ewwww yuk. I would have hated to have seen that too, but i'm positive you can't catch anything. You would have to have inhaled the droplets which would have involved him being ill pretty much right next to you which he wasn't, plus you rolled your window up right away so you awill be fine.

it would make me a bit n* too for a while with the shock of it, but you won't be s*

Why do we look though?! i do it on motorways when you just know someone is v*ing which i really don't want to look at but something just makes me!

You know Pauline, I have always wondered the same thing! It has been said
    that people with phobias are often just as fascinated with their fear as they
    are terrified of it. It makes sense to me really. We want to know everything
    we possibly can about it, perhaps to help us avoid it better.

That being said, who knows if the child even had a virus? We have to try and
    remember that and hope for it too!
    [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

u no, if the kid was t u* and his parents were nonchalant about it, especially if he was 11 and in the backseat, he probably just got motion sick. his parents would likely be nonchalant if he has a history of it and he isnt an emet, also. just a thought.

Why do we look though?! i do it on motorways when you just know someone is v*ing which i really don't want to look at but something just makes me!
    I wonder the same thing!! I have that urge to look, too - like if a car is pulled over to the side of the road I try to see if someone is v*ing out the car... EWWW why!? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]I don't get it.
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

I always have the urge to look and I don't want to! WTF!? I wonder why all the time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I second the notion the kid was probably just motion sick. Besides, you weren't nearly close enough or around the area for long enough to be exposed to any particles of stuff.

I think we always look because we need confirmation of whether or not we should freak out.

Or perhaps it's a phobia coping complex. If we see it and don't freak out too much, we'll be less afraid of it. Then again if we see it and have a panic attack, that'll probably just reinforce the fear.

Lately I've had this theory that what we're really afraid of is the panic attack, or in other words, fear itself. The fear is what makes us miserable, what makes us behave illogically. The phobia is just a stimuli for the fear.

If we can be exposed to the phobia without having a panic attack, or better yet not being afraid, then we're beating the phobia.
    So long as you don\'t give in to the fear, it doesn\'t matter what else happens.