Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm not feeling to great at the moment and was wondering what its like when you do v*, I mean does it happen almost suddenly from feeling queasy, or is it a long haul, which in this case I'll never be able to know which one it is I've got, the actual v* coming with hours of panic or its just in my head n*, thinking it'll be v*, with hours of panic......

Terrified, I hope you are not coming down with a bug. Are you sure you want an honest answer as to how I handled myself throwing up earlier this week? My intention is not tofrighten you but it was a terrible experience for me. Nonetheless, you are probably a lot stronger than I am. Youwould handle it much better if it were to happen. Whatever you do, try not to fight it if you feel it's going to happen or else you'll end up feeling worse [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It was terrible for me but I did live through it. I hope that didn't scare you. All the best to you.

Blessings, Arcta

Well, the last time I was actually sick, I felt sick for a few hours. This is not always the case though. I sure hope you are not sick, though. It could be all in your head, but I cannot tell you for sure. I have not been sick recently, so I do not really remember that experience too well. I mean, I do but I don't remember exacly what I felt.

Lizzy

Well I know the times I was genuinely sick, I was nauseas for several hours and had bad runs (sorry) and theres something in your brain that seems to just click when you really are sick and are going to be sick. Like you just know it in your head when its different. I don't even know how I knew, but I just knew that the nausea/ache I was feeling was the real deal, and not just panicky. Its almost like my brain just told me "this is the real deal", and really before I got sick, I wasn't panicky at all really, its hard to explain, its like you just get really calm. So if you feel those things, chances are it could be real. It can be hard to tell tho espeically at first tho.

Well it turned out to be a false alarm for me, thank god!

Thanks for your replies, they did soothe my mind!

I am now going to bed, and thanks Sarah for your pm!

Good night everyone!

I'm glad you are okay and that it was a false alarm...
    my lovely night on October 1 was not but the ironic thing was.. I didnt
    even cry or freak out, I was just shocked but my brain has chose to go
    right back to its own emet ways! Logically we know its NOT SO BAD that
    you know what... that means nothing! There is so much more to this
    phobia than trying to know that v is not the end of the world!! Glad
    you are okay though.

Miriam

</font>

heya -- a bit of info that might help you all.

my friend told me the other day that if u want to know whether ur actually GOING to be sick or if ur just nervous is to focus on ur chin.

if ur chin, (the glands just underneath it mainly) feels heavy -- then its quite likely ur gnna v*- altho its not 100% certain.

if ur chin just feels lke normal and u wudnt hav noticed ne difference if u didnt make urself focus on it -- then ur gnna be fine, its just nausea.

Jen xxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs730
    There is so much more to this phobia than trying to know that v is not the end of the world!!

That's funny cause sometimes when I feel like that, I wish it was the end of the world!! LOL

The anticipation and idea of it is a lot worse than the
    actual event... but hey... I know this but... my phobic part of me
    doesnt so I am still just as phobic... but again knowing of someone
    else doing it is far worse than myself doing it... thats how the phobia
    affects me

Miriam

</font>