Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello all, (graphic.. havent used the whole v* n* rubbish im afraid.. theyre just words!)
    not sure if there was a specific forum on here for this but just thought i'd tell a bit about myself, my emetophobia etc..
    well, im trying to figure out what started this whole thing off, and i have no idea, i've always had issues with it, not liking to see it, smell it etc, and when i vomited i hated it but it didn't affect my life, i wasn't controlled by the fear of it. when i was younger around 15 years old i was a bit of a teenage reprobate =p i took a lot of drugs and drank way too much, i puked on many occasions due to this and although i hated it, it didn't stop me from doing things again and again. when i was 17 i began having panic attacks which (luckily) stopped my drug taking completely because it always set them off, so i moved 250 miles to live with my dad in cornwall (england, UK..) i wanted to be away from the groups of people i was friends with because they were all still stuck in the whole drinking, drugs phase and i was done with it, needed to escape. problem was that when i moved i had way too much time on my hands and the panic attacks became worse and worse, at the height of an attack i always thought i was going to throw up which is what started my emet off properly, 2 years later when i was 19 i moved back home, i learnt to combat my panic attacks and havent had a proper one in 3 or 4 years anyway, i met my fiance and fell pregnant all within a year.. lol, this is when i realised how bad my emet had become.. the dreaded morning sickness from the pregnancy [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] i was really poorly for 6 weeks, constant nausea that drove me insane, had to quit both the jobs i had and basically stayed in bed the whole time! never once vomited though, by then i had learnt all the tricks to stop it happening and was succesful [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] when i gave birth to my gorgeous daughter the one thing that terrified me was puking during the birth, due to pain meds, so i refused everything, wrote it in my birth notes and everything, but it was ignored completely! by the time i was in agony crying etc i was in no fit state to refuse anything, the midwife pressured me to have pethidine.. and i gave in, i was in way too much pain, but this made me feel so so sick, as soon as i had her i threw up twice.. it wasn't too bad actually, didn't bother me much, i think it was because i didn't fight it and there was no retching etc, it just came with no effort or thought on my part.
    anyway, since then i have been prescribed many many medications for different things and i always refuse them, my fear of medication has been a problem since i was 17, havent touched even paracetomol since then. have been prescribed antibiotics for dental work etc and always say no! untill recently.. i am currently 34 weeks pregnant with my second (another girl =p) i had even worse morning sickness with this one! lasted from 6 weeks to 26 weeks =| yuck! didn't vomit though, just felt like it for 20 weeks, lol. at 30 weeks i went into premature labour and had to have this horrible stuff through an IV and 2 steroid injections, was sent home from hospital after 4 days, then a couple of weeks later i find out i have a staph infection, was prescribed antibiotics which i tried to refuse but had to go back and basically was told i didn't have a choice, i could lose the baby if i didnt do it, so here we are.. day number 2 of my antibiotic treatment, and actually it's not so bad! i'm coping a hell of a lot better than i thought i would, yesterday was the first day and i was really scared and anxious all day, think i imagined the nausea completely because today i feel ok, woke up this morning with some d* but thats about it, i'm just hoping i can get through the next week without puking, if i do then it'll be such a huge deal to me! nobody seems to understand at all, my partner, bless him, is the most wonderful supportive guy i've ever known but although he tries he

Welcome to the site! And congrats on your baby and new baby on the way! How exciting for you. And also good job getting through the morning sickness with out vomiting!

I think if I wasnt so afraid of morning sickness then I would have had a child by now.... But anyway, welcome!

Thank You [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]