Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am new to this website but not new to emetophobia. I have always hated v* eversince I can remember but it started controling my life around 15. I am 20 now and I have done all there is to do here in my home state. My Aunt is letting me live with her in Boston, which is scary for me too since I have never been away from home. I was just wondering how long it takes once you get the right type of therepy...just a general time frame so I can prepare for it.

I dont know, it depends on what kind of therapy, how well you respond, and how hard you work at it, and how good your therapist is.
    It's always harder with this particular phobia.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Check out my website articles - you'll find lots of info there about therapy and the timeframe. Be prepared for the long haul, though. Emetophobia is a serious phobia and can't just be treated in 10 sessions.

(Website link in signature line)
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much sage. I have been to your site a ton of times but never read that part. I just want to tell you that you have inspired me to face two of my biggest fears...leaving my mum at home and getting the therepy I need to rid myself of this terrible phobia. I am moving to my Aunts house in Massachusetts and getting help. Would you happen to know anyone in that area who has worked with emetophobia?