Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How long have you gone without puking?

i hadn't v* for about 7 or 8 years until november 2008 when i got the drunkest i had ever been in my life and i hardly remember it being painful but more so unpleasant.

Last time was August 17, 1965, probably before most of you were born. This year will make it 45 years for me. I'm 56 years old.

working on 9 years. (bad ceviche in Mexico). Yuck.

Im 23 and havnt been s* in 17 years

22 years for me. I have gagged a few times, (mostly when coughing due to sinus infections), but that's it. Made it through 2 pregnancies without v* too!
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

I did a few times as a child. But I only really remember once when I was a junior in highschool. So its been 5 years since then... Hoping for a long 40 years or never I have gagged a few times due to drinking too much, but I have never gotten sick from drinking. I literally do not let myself.

Newbie here!
    It's been about 16 years for me. We were going to South Carolina for a wedding. We drove something like 14 hours with an overnight stop. The night before we left my mom had taken the sheets off my bed to wash them and I was tired so I still layed down on my bed. She woke me up to put the sheets back on and when I stood up, the n* hit me. I remember my sister was in the bathroom brushing her teeth when I ran in. She ran out without turning the water off. I will never forget for some reason I was concerned that the water was on so I hobbled over on my knees and turned it off before v*. I took a friend with me on our trip and she spent the night that night. My sister was going on a school trip to Mexico the next morning so it wasn't like I could stay home while my parents went to SC. I rode in the car for 14 hours feeling like hell. I didn't v* anymore but I had stomach cramps and d*.
    Since then I've made it through contracting salmonella without v*. I never felt like I was going to though. Apparently it's common to only have d* with salmonella. I also made it through a pregnancy too!
    And just like someone else said, I almost didn't post this because I thought I would jinx myself. Crazy huh?

The last time that I v* was July 19, 1996. Lol. Don't know what caused it, something I ate I think. I just remember my mom wasn't around. My dad was unfortunately, and he never comforted me like my mom did. So I had to do it all on my own. Right now as I type this, I have been N* for 5 days. The s*v* is going around. I am too scared to eat. Because I dont want to v*. My husband knows that I hate v*, but he doesn't know that I have a phobia for it. Im getting waves and i try my best to distract myself. Music or watching funny tv shows, and of course Gravol and Gingerale. I go out of my way to do my best in not coming in contact with the s*v*. I carry hand sanitizer round with me EVERYWHERE, I even have a mini aerosol of Lysol disinfectant that I carry around with me as well. I hate eating out because I dont trust other's hygiene. But my husband took me out to eat in Banff, Alberta, Canada. And that is when this n* started. My friend had it for an ENTIRE WEEK! n*, d*, and a lil bit of v* and cramps.

I just want to get better!! I want to feel better!! My mom said that if I MAKE MYSELF v* id feel sooooo much better! AS IF!!!

Thanks for listening. lol. But yeah it will be 14 years on July 19th for me since I last v*. Let's try and keep it that way! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by emetophobicmale View Post
    I hear that many emets can go years without throwing up. This is probably due to a combination of good hygiene and will-power.

For me, I haven't thrown up for about 20 years! How about anyone else?

Take care,

Darrin
    Its Been about 4 years for me. But everyday i fear it... I'm getting ready to go to Hawaii and this is a huge thing for me because i am afraid of catching something on the plane and/or getting airsick, or catching something while i'm in hawaii.. I have Phenegran but this didn't help me when i got sick before.

4 years. I hope i will never ever again....

well. my last sick episode was dec 18 2000, and the last V* was due to a concussion on sep 27 2005. so it has been just over nine years without a sv*

Quote Originally Posted by kejelj View Post
    Last time was August 17, 1965, probably before most of you were born. This year will make it 45 years for me. I'm 56 years old.
    WOW i am impressed. is there a secret?

Wow how did this happen.. This is awesome. Are you over this phobia because you havent pucked in so many years?

Wow.......45 years.....I've not been S* in 10 years.....but 45...wow! xxxxxx
    'I dont believe in the afterlife...but im taking a change of underwear just in case' (Woody Allen)

Im almost 48 and have not vomited in almost 40 years ,i just wont let my self im so scared of it,
    geraldine xx

wow how do u do it are u like me just dont let it happen , im almost 48 ive this fear 40 years or more as long as i remember
    geraldine xx

mine was about 4 years and i hope i neva v* again!!

It's been about 9 years for me.

It's been almost 30 years for me.

5 and a half years

These numbers are AMAZING. Give us some hints on how you all do it. I really hope it is mind over matter and our powerful minds can prevent it. There has been a lot of posts on if it is voluntary or not. I have been really trying to practice telling myself that I cannot, and that my body forgot how and that my mind is strong enough to say NO...not sure if it helps, but hey, if you can meditate and get into a relaxed state, or some can slow their breathing down to nothing, then I will keep trying. I don't want to say how long because I am superstitious, so let's just say it is under 7 years....take care all.

I think it's been about 9 or 10 years since I've thrown up.

The longest I went was 7 years. Then I got sick in 2004, then again in 2007 and unfortunately last january 2009 (my bf caught noro then and that's how I got sick) I hope I can be as lucky as everyone else and not have it happen for 20-30 years! (Or preferably ever lol)

28 years. I am terrified of breaking it. I know that I will have to have kids soon, and the thought of maybe getting sick during that time terrifies me.

SORRY I meant 18 years. Not 28.

25 years ago

Wow i wish i could get the point to where I dont puke for years. I get excited when I go a few months without getting sick. I havent gotten sick in about 7 months and thats pretty exciting for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizzcurry91 View Post
    Wow i wish i could get the point to where I dont puke for years. I get excited when I go a few months without getting sick. I havent gotten sick in about 7 months and thats pretty exciting for me!!!
    Mizzcurry, may I ask why you vom it so often? That's very unusual for an emet. As this thread and many others make clear, most emets go 5-10 years without puking, and many go decades.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Until an operation last year and taking pain pills (which I immediately discarded), 22 yrs. since my last drunk.

Hi, I'm new to this, last time was 17yrs ago but I live with my hubby who has stomach problems and he v) quite a lot, I find myself hiding in the opposite part of the house with my fingers in my ears, singing loudly and trying to breathe while my heart goes 10 to the dozen.. on a plus I have stopped cooking my meat on a ,medium heat for 4 hours to make sure it's cooked (and I don't mean joints of meat, I mean sausages/chops that kind of thing) :/ Turns out very well done (but not black) food is kinda tasty !