Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this site and I felt it polite to introduce myself and tell you about my history.

I only found out today that I am emetophobic after having suffered for 12 years and having left a career as a professional musician as a result. I always thought I had IBS or a food allergy and never interpreted it as being terrified of throwing up (in front of other people). When you are on stage or giving a presentation, this is not a good thing to do. Ialways carried a couple of packets of mints in my pocket to mask the nausea and have been to the doctor on many occasions only to be told to get a grip of myself. I havehowever been prescribed metaclopromide (anti-emetic) which did not work for me.

It is a revelation to finally know what this is and to find places to contact other sufferers. I have done a lot of research today, but upon reading the forums, I am understanding much more - after all, today is also the first day that I have ever heard of someone else fearing gagging.

I am very much looking forward to taking part in discussions in the future.

Father Jack

Welcome father jack,

Im glad u found this place, itsa little gold mine of support!

Hope to talk with you soon!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hello~ Hope you find the site helpful.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Welcome!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Welcome, this is a great community!

Miriam

</font>

hi, i'm sorry i'm a bit late but i just noticed this thread! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Anyway, welcome, and I hope you have a great time! I joined this community a few months ago, and the people have done nothing but help me! So, welcome!

&lt;3 Anya--

Welcome, i am so sorry to hear that you have had to wait so long. I too, was at the mercy of frequent nausea every single day from the age of 10.. i had all sorts of tests which proved i was not anemic, celiac, or infact anorexic..
    this was 4 years ago, and iv now come round to the fact i am emetophobic.
    I also want to become a professional musician, how did your emet affect your career? I'm sorry you have had to sacrifice something like that, but it is interesting to me because i have wanted to pursue music for a loong time.

Welcome Jack, I hope you find comfort and reassuance in us, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want and always know that someone here is there for you!

welcome to our family Father Jack -- pleased u found us and feel a bit more comforted kowing that theres others like you.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome! We're all dealing with the same thing. This is a very supportive forum, with wonderful people.
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome! Professional musician? Sweet, cuz I LOVE MUSIC and playing music is what I love to do on my spare time. Sad to here you had to leave being one due to your emet though, emet holds all of us back from so much. Hopefully we can help you through this and beat it!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

WELCOME FATHER JACK!! I hope you find this site as supportive and motivating as I do. It really makes such a difference to have a support system. I hope we can help you through!

Hope to see more of your posts around!!

Danielle

welcome to the site, father jack.

we're all here for help, support and information. part of your challenge might be related to a social phobia, what we used to call "stage fright" - which can often manifest itself by the fear of embarassment onstage such as vomiting. Just be reassured that there is very good treatment available for this, and you would be able to return to your career shortly afterward. Lots of professional stage people suffer from this, and have been successfully treated!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Welcome father jack,i hope u find the site useful and gather support and understanding....Look forward to your post

take care vicky x