Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm not upset by depictions of v* in film or TV. I guess I feel in control and able to shut it off, change the channel,leave or whatever if i have to. Plus I know it's fake.

Also, in real life, I barely blink at baby spit up, or at someone coughing up water or anything like that. It's only actual v*ing that's preceeded by nausea and that has the potential for multiple repeats that scares me silly.

How about you?

Oh, I forgot to list the the situations that scare me and they're fear ratings on a scale of 1-1o. Feel free to do the same if you want.

Fear rating 10 is definitely me myself v*ing in public, particularly on an elevator, plane, car, or anywhere else where I can't run away and lots of people will see me.

Fear rating 9: A TIE between a) me being stuck in a public place (see places above) with someone who's v*ing. This is because of the intense panic that's likely to make me feel like v*ing, and b) V*ing at home, but with someone there.

Fear rating 8 1/2: Is me myself v* at home in a safe environment (ie. alone)

Fear rating 5: Having someone else do it in my sightin a "safe" environment. Note: although at the time it may be a 5, if i suspect they may have an sv or other communicable thing, the resulting anxiety I'll feel for the coming days can be an 10

Fear rating 1 or 0 : watching it on TV or film.

I'm scared only if it comes to me.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am most definitely more afraid of others v*ing than I am of myself v*ing. When it comes to others v*ing, I am not as scared if someone v*s without warning. However, if someone does give advance warning that they are going to v* (like saying, "I feel like I'm gonna v*!"), that's when I go into full-on panic attack mode. The anticipation of me seeing it happen gets to me sooooo much [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]

Hmm, I guess-

10- somewhere, especially where I'm stuck for ages- like on holiday in a hotel room, with someone with an sv* who is v*ing. OR noro seeming to be everywhere.

10- d*. especially when not at home alone.

9- same situation but with me having the sv*

8- being in an enclosed space like a classroom, lift, train, plane etc. with someone either v*ing or n*

8- v*ing in front of people, especially my family, or in public.

5- v*ing at home alone, once

2- TV.
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

10 extreme fear: someone v* near me in a public place or at home, or me V* anywhere at any time

9 Fear: the sound of someone V* in a public place or home like if I go to the bathroom in a public place.

8-9: eating out for the fear of that food making me get a SV* and V*!!!!!!!

2: people on tv V*

0: hearing the word V*, feeling N*, gagging knowing I cant get sick from what they are sick from!

for some weird reason I have no fear of other people V* when I'm drunk(not blackout or hangover) and I can take care of them...

10 - over extreme - me t*up
    5, 6 - mild - when somebody I'm in contact with v* for unknown reason
    0 -zero anxiety - Tv v*ing scenes, when someone is s*ck with something not contagious and I'm standing right next to this person. talking about v*
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.