Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi All :-)

Hi, [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I have been floating around on this website for some time, just having a read of other people's experiences with Emetophobia and getting to know my way around. Some of the stories I have come across have been truly touching and really struck a chord with me. I'm so sorry to hear that there are other's suffering all over the globe with the same fear that I have, as I know how debilitating it can be. However, it's also very reassuring to know that we're not alone. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I won't bore you with all of the details, but I am seventeen years old, and have been Emetophobic from a young age, probably around five or six years old. My phobia is primarily centered around myself being sick, although I absoloutely hate it when other's are sick around or in front of me as well. For the past two years, my Emetophobia thankfully took a back seat. Last summer was a paticularly happy time, when I rarely thought about it at all. Unfortunately, this year it has reared it's ugly head, and I have struggled to cope with it at times.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am interested to hear about everyone else's experiences with this horrible phobia and am happy to talk to or give advice to anyone who might want or need it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thanks for reading!
    \'Anticipation of the fear, is far worse than the thing that is feared itself,\'

Welcome to the site, it is such a relief when you find somewhere like this isn't it? And realise you are not some crazy person and that this phobia is so much more common than you think (I thought i was the only one on earth who had it until i found out it had a name)

I've had it as long as i can remember and have been nearly free from it to absolutely awful with it, probably being about midway at the mo.

Hope you find lots of support here [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Yes, such a relief! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I was exactly the same - my parents had no idea either, they thought it was just a fear that was personal to me. I remember typing in 'Fear of vomiting' into Google not so long ago, and how utterly gob smacked I felt to discover that I was far from alone - it was in fact a very common phobia!

I'm so glad that there are websites like this available to us - somewhere where we can vent our frustrations and not be afraid of being judged, [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks for the welcome!
    \'Anticipation of the fear, is far worse than the thing that is feared itself,\'

Welcome Hannah. You are not alone. I hope you find as much support as I have.

Take care,

Darrin [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome, Hannah.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Welcome Hannah! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

welcome. I have had this horrible phobia since a young age, now I am 22. my sister was always sick. my mom was a hardcore alcoholic and frequently V*. I remember being in grade 2 and my teacher making children sit in front of the class whle waiting for their parents with the trash can V*ing. I've always associated it as being bad or embarassing. I found this site years ago but forgot my old username and it has been nothing but most helpful! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]