Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

hello everyone,
    i have recently been put on antibiotics to clear up a nail infection. i am meant to take them 4 times a day on an empty stomach and/or at regular intervals.
    The only problem being, they taste absolutely vile
    they have this distinctive, typically nasty taste which lingers in the mouth and you can tasteit when you burp ( sorry ) they're called flucox...something or another, and a side affect can be nausea.
    I'm usually not fussy with anti-biotics, but these are disgusting.
    Any ideas what i can do? I have 28 more to get through lol.

you actually have to take them on an empty stomach?? wow u learn seomthing new everyday!

umm, wat to do , what to do. maybe if u tried taking the tablets with not just plain water but some squash or something + eat a mint afterwards.... maye that will stop the nasty taste from being too overwhelming.

have to say ive nevrer had to take any anti-biotics -- so dont really know what its lke....

but i'll be oin the countdown for you... 28 to go... lol

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol- thanks! yeh, i tried drowning the taste with polo mints..no success, they're sickening
    it doesn't matter what food i have them with, they taste so strong that they'll stick with me for the whole day..gawd
    i don't think it would be so bad, but 4 times a day is harsh..i don't eat 4 meals a day :S
    bloody 'ell! lol- my mum gives them to me to take in school, she puts smiley faces on them to try and get me to take them..
    lol- nice try mum.

lmfao - smiley faces??? what does she use to put smiley faces on them?? thats a great idea! lol

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG thats exactly what im takin for a finger/thumb infection lol!!!

They taste gross and yes you have to take them on an empty stomach. I have resorted to mouthwash afterwards lol! But you get used to them. I only have today and tomorrow to go then im finished! yay! Hopefully i wont need any more of them, ive been on tem for a week and a half already! Hope urs clears up quick!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I had the same problem with a pill of mine. I used to crush it up and put it in orange juice or something. Butr before you crush it or do anything....read the warning labels....it might saw do not crush, swallow whole, etc.....just a suggestion.

I take my flucloxicillin with a little bit of biscuit as i cant swallow capsules with just water lol! Thats does help with the taste too!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

flucloxicillin!!! thats the stuff, god isn't it disgusting? sadly, these are capsules.. i just had to quickly swallow it with my jacket potato but i still have thatcrap taste in my mouth.
    sarah, i know they're supposed to be taken on an empty stomach, but my stomach isn't empty 4 times in a day!
    oh yeh jen, my mum has a fetish with stickers.. so i get them all over my lunch.
    i know, not weird at all
    [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]lol!

Im the same! im on double the dose aswell yuk. Ive just been takin it before i eat, not necessarily on a totally empty stomach? I dont know lol! But they are gross! I just hope i dont have to have more!

Sarah xxx

i think it takes the p*ss the way it says "finish the entire box" the box is huge!!!

LOL i know and i was takin the lower dose for 4 days aswell!

lol- iv managed to have 2 today, i swear i can't stomach two more! i end up pulling this really screwed up face before they're even in my mouth, lol