Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

tonight i was babysitting.. downstairs watching tv, and my favourite comedy, "little britain" came on.
    The little girl i babysit for was complaining of tummy ache all evening, i was nervous as hell that, y'know it could be real.
    Anyway, i sent her off to bed again, and settled back into the sofa.
    On little britain, the character fake vomits at least 3 times!!
    At first i felt queasy and uncomfortable, felt really out of sorts, and then the more i watched, the faker it became, and i no longer felt phazed by it.
    weird huh?

Weird but good! I hate watchin vomit scenes at first but then if i see it again or a differen one it doesnt affect me as much. But its cos u know its not real. The only ones that i really dont like to watch are the scenes on jackass, dirty sanchez and viva la bam etc lol only cos they are real!!! But ive seen most of them cos they happen unexpectedly most of the time! Ok im going cos im rambling a bit lol!!!

By the way, its great that u cope so well when the children say they feel ill, i panic if my daughter says her tummy hurts! Well done!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

thank you.
    i hate dirty sanchez, because of the closeness of the camera, it's SO unnecessary to film that ( but i would say that wouldn't i! ) I also hate the fact that he makes it LOOK unpleasant..am i making sense?
    Yeh, i really panicked tonight, the girl came downstairs, and she never comes downstairs unless there's a problem..anyway, she slept!
    I'm sorta getting reminders of that vomit scene now.. ugh, gross, at least i know it was fake- i really shud remind myself of that!
    Thanks for the support!

So someone else did see it too. I am absolutely livid about it. It has set me back even further now. People are just sick in the head I think and how anyone can find that amount of vomit and the graphic nature of it funny in my eyes is just completely sick.

I dunno, nonemets seem to have this "thing" for it, like they think its amusing or something!!!!! Its truely sick!

Miriam

It is so sck....I hate it. It seems like I'm always on edge watching for a possible vomit scene. Why do people like this form of entertainment so much? Jackass was THE WORST....I ran out crying and slapped my exboyfriend for making ym attend the showing. And everyone during these scenes were LAUGHING! WTF????

I'm glad you were able to watch this scene and not panic in BBC, for it truly is not real in that show I guess.

it is odd the way people find this a source of amusement, particularly as it is not something they would enjoy doing themselves.
    I dunno, i find it easier to make humour out of it rather than defy it because im pleased with myself for sitting through. it WAS unncecessary though, I mean.. once fine.. but they really did overdo it.
    I didn't see the comedy in that clip anyway?
    i also saw eminems new video today, and THAT has a vomit scene in it too, made me nervous..

I did post about the eminem video a few days ago. It has a graphic projectile vomit scene that i guess could be described as comic, but not for us. he worse vomit scene ive seen was in dirty sanchez... i wnt go into details cos it might make some of u feel icky... it was so gross.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

damn, i didn't see your post sarah.
    iv seen two vomit secens within the space of two days now..and strangely enough,i don't feel scared now or nauseated thinking about it.
    watching these scenes put me at a bit of an awkward disposition, but i didn't get the comulsion to run, like i used to.
    I stress used to, because seeing others vomiting, used to be my worst fear..i still absolutely despise witnessing this, but i am even more terrified of being sick myself.

well done that is such a huge triumph!!!

I am so dissapointed with little britain that they've done this to they're programme. I love little britain - the last series was great - but they've deffenatly gone down in ym estimation. I didnt see the show yesterday and I'm glad!!

Which character v*?? I hope they dont make this a long standing thing - but I bet they do.

I totally agree - why do people tihng that people v* is amusing? I think its jsut sick and nasty - and not something u want to see!!

it was.. oh gosh i forget the names..not the "I'm the only gay in this village! " one, his partner.. i mean it was SO fake, but obviously unpleasant.
    I think the only reason i managed to watch it was because it was so fake-looking.
    The eminem spew is the worst though, absolutely! It's completely fake also, but i can forgive that, because i love him lol.

It was that David Walliams (Yeh I know's flat mate) who did the deed and I hate him for it. I absolutely loved this programme and infact they appeared in a book shop last week near me and I got the DVD and book signed by them cause I was in orr of them. Not anymore. They have really let me down and I too hope that it isn't going to be a regular scene. Seemed like it was my only safe haven last night from my emet - a bit of comedy and that - so I could not believe it when I was yet again faced with my phobia. I cannot begin to explain how angry I feel and I am sick to death of people finding this kind of stuff funny when it is clearly plain sick. We have a great fear of it and yet these people seem to have some kind of sick obsession for it. I am going to stop there now guys cause I could really rip and that would not be fair on you guys. I am just having such a bad time with my emet right now that this was the straw that broke the camels back.

don't worry, feel free to vent!
    i find it unfair that there is so much blood and gore on television.. a LOT of people have a phobia about blood and guts ( in our case ), and showing the graphic replicas of them is highly insensitive.
    at least come with a warning!

that seems odd...why was he ill? i was presuming it would be a new character...kinda makes it worse that its a well loved characted that did the deed...can sum1 explain why it was happening? like was he just randomly doing it?

It seems to be a sketch that is going to feature weekly according to a friend of mine so that has ruined it for me. Basically it is a sketch about jam at a fete. Now David Walliams tests the jams and asks who they are made by etc. Matt Lucas replies by saying whoever it was and then says something like she's a lesbian. Obviously David Walliams is supposed to have an aversion to lesbians or whatever Matt Lucas says and that makes him V. The next sketch a little later on was regarding cakes and that was even worse. I just couldn't look at all. It was proper projectile. I am absolutely horrified to be honest. I can't watch it again and am really mad about this. They have just lost one of their fans. I will have to stay out of the room when it is on again.

if u go on the bbc comedy forum you will see how unpopular the new series is, with people moaning about the grossness of it and about the canned laughter...i wont be watching the new series when its on bbc2 and im glad u warned me as i wud have got caught out

a weekly feature? oh my god, thats exposure therapy in itself!
    i might try to watch it, it may do me some good. ( hell, did i just contemplate watching a weekly vomit scene? )
    yes, i am completely against the grossness of this sketch, but if it is a small stepping stone in the build up to my cure of emetophobia, then so be it.
    iv had enough right now, and im willing to face it.

as for myself vomiting..woh, thats different.