Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just for fun

If you were magically cured of emetophobia today, what are some things you'd do? I would love to go up in one of those small airplanes, maybe even learn to fly one.

Right now, going on a plane would be a nightmare for me, simply because of the emet. However, I really enjoy being up in the air, and whenever I've flown the ONLY thing I hated about it were the panic attacks.

Oh, I meant to post this in "general Discussion". Sorry about that. I guess the moderators can move it if they feel it's not appropriate in this part.

i would go on a rollercoaster, eat shellfish, go to the cinema/theatre - that's all i can think of at the mo i've got to go now as 5 o'clock and home time hooray!

I would drink some wine!
    Go on a rollercoaster
    Go fishing on a boat
    Try new foods
    Go to the movies
    Go to LasVegas
    Go to a waterpark and go down all the slides!!!

Kellybeth -just drink some wine anyway! i have a glass or 3 most evenings and find it actually helps keep me calm. my doc even said shed rather me drink some wine than put me on valium! the thing with alcohol is knowing when to stop [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

the first thing id do is pack up and leave crappy Blighty (UK) - id fly off to Asia and backpack around for years, eating all the local food and immersing myself in new cultures.

I'd fly on a plane and then get drunk
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spend a week at my cottage eating hamburgers, hotdogs and marshmellows on sticks

Enroll in some university courses

Travel to Eastern Europe
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

ejb199, I'm too scared to drink wine!

kellybeth - i was too until my early twenties, then i realised all my friends were drinking and i never saw any of them get s* with it, so i gave it a go and have never looked back, and i also drink a few glasses every night for medicinal purposes [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

If you aren't used to drinking then just make sure you have had something to eat first, and just go steady - honestly you will get signs that it is time to stop long before it would make you ill and stick to wine or beer rather than spirits or alcopops which are so easy to just glug down rather than sip.

Get crazy wasted at a party with my friends.

Maybe emet isn't so bad. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I'd go out for a meal with my boyfriend in the day then go out drinking with him & his friends at night to a gig!
    Then stay over this and have a big fry up with him in the morning.
    I'd also just go out more in general I think!

Go travelling everywhere! But I guess my general anxiety would have to go as well as emet....
    "if the good lord had intended us to walk, he never would've invented rollerskates"

Maybe have more kids. Beyond that, I actually can't think of a thing that I would do that I already don't. I don't let the phobia prevent me from doing things, but I worry the whole time while I do it.
    JANNA

I would hug and kiss my kids alot more during the flu season and share drinks with them and food..use public restrooms
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Emet doesn't stop me from living my life, though it's always at the back of my mind. But if I was cured (and I'd have to lose 20+ years for this!) I'd have more children and become a nurse or midwife.

I would do everything I havent.

I would go to the fair and ride all the rides
    Go on long trips with my fiance
    fly to New York
    Go to the Coast
    Go camping
    Eat out a lot more

ohh i wish i wish

become a doctor (in one day!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice topic [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] There's soooo much I would do

I would definantly travel a whole lot! And go on a cruise or something with a boat
    Have more than just 1 or 2 drinks (which STILL makes me panicky)
    Go on my first amusement park ride!!!
    Just know that someday i'll be able to have a child and go through pregnancy (that has been scaring/upseting me so much lately [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] )

oh wow..I would actually enjoy and savor food rather than look at it as something I need in order to survive. Then i would go out drinking with my friends! Oh how I miss having drinks! =(
    I dont let emet. run my life...but it is always in the back of my mind...so I still go out and have fun but I just dont drink and I dont eat out often. Gosh it would be so wonderful not to have emet. anymore *sighs*

Clarync8- I felt the same way for many years. But I refused to let emet get in the way of kids. There are meds you CAN take while pg for nausea. Find the right ob/gyn that has dealt with anxiety and panic. They are out there- mine was wonderful! It will be hard, but it is so worth it!

P.S. Clarync8- now I have 3!!

Quote Originally Posted by john f.
    Spend a week at my cottage eating hamburgers, hotdogs and marshmellows on sticks

Enroll in some university courses

Travel to Eastern Europe
    i think you should do these things. i have done the last 2 and survived! both were amazing.
    being an emet at uni was fine. uni has given me self-confidence and i know i can cope in the big world on my own and find friends wherever. being really busy because of uni massively took my mind off emet.
    travelling was also amazing. i avoided eating out, was a bit of a hygiene freak, but i still got to see some amazing cities, swim in beautiful clear seas, meet loads of cool people and have a massive adventure.

also to all of you who want to drink but dont dare, it really is a pretty safe thing to do. i found that my emet means i am so controlling of how much i drink, that i never go beyond the happy- tipsy stage, and i have had a lot of fun at that stage!

one thing i would like to do that i havent dared is to travel to the third world- africa, s. america, asia, and backpack. im promising myself that i will do it someday though, because all the things that i have done that scared me- at times it was really difficult, but i dont regret a single thing.

I'd join the Navy!
    I'd have kids - well.. MAYBE later on down the road.
    I would go sailing.
    I'd eat other peoples cooking.
    I would go out for a few drinks and dancing with friends.
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

i love reading through this, it makes me realize how much i take life for granted...makes me want to step up to the plate. great thread.
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

I'd travel.

I'd have kids, not for at least a decade though.

I'd consider a career in the medical field.

Those are the first things that come to mind.