Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So, I think I've got yet another kidney infection - which makes me n* beyond belief.

The doctor finally gave me Zofran to help me cope until they can cure these for good. I felt really s* tonight, took some, and within half an hour felt great.

A few minutes ago I was sitting here and suddenly felt as though v* came into my mouth. No warning, no n*, nothing. I jumped up instinctively...of course I was horrified and scared thinking it was coming.

It didn't. But I realized - if I v* right there and then as soon as I felt something in my throat, I would have been ok. I could have handled it. It was the point AFTER, when I had time to think "omg, it's coming."

I think a big part of my fear is losing control of my body, if only for 15 seconds. Anticipating that something beyond my control could take over everything.

Doesn't help me if I get really n* again, I'll still freak out, but I think this is real progress, if only a small step! Really wanted to share with people.

Plus, I can like...hopefully remind myself when I do feel extremely n* that the actual event is not as bad as the anticipation and fear. I haven't v* since I was 7, so it's just incredibly horrifying and unknown to me. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Kidney infections are miserable. I had one earlier this year and I felt n* too, but never v*ed. Zofran works really well but it's an insanely expensive drug. You likely have a drug plan because you didn't mention the cost! I think it's about $10 a pill.

Good for you for maintaining your sanity when you suddenly felt so ill. I know the lack of control is what my emet is all about too. Truthfully we all will survive after a v* episode, we are just often worked up about what "might" happen. I know in the past when I actually did v* I've looked back thinking it was unpleasant but over quick and not as horrible as my worry.

Congratulations for hitting such a milestone with your fear. You should be proud of yourself for remaining so calm and in control. I hope you feel better soon.

Congrats on coming to that realization!! The hardest thing to do is remember that feeling the next time you feel N*. It's just so scary to think of what could come, but the actual action isn't nearly as bad as we think it is.

I hope all is well with you soon, and keep up the good progress

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well done! I suffer with kidney infections, although touch wood not had one for a while, they make you feel lousy don't they. Don't know what zofran is but i know i felt like i was going to be s* once cos i took an antibiotic on an empty stomach. Can't remember which ones they were but they'd given me a metallic taste in my mouth so wasn't hungry, but you really do need to force yourself to eat on antibiotics.

get well soon x

The Zofran has been a miracle. I used it that night that I made this post, and
    I used it after I did a barium swallow the other day which made me feel
    really s*.

you are right, I have coverage which I feel so grateful for - as much as I fear
    v* I would not be able to/want to pay that much for it.

The first kidney infection I had, I ate NOTHING. It was horrible because I just
    ended up feeling a lot worse than I would've otherwise. The Zofran seems to
    help with the appetite currently, thank goodness, because when I don't eat I
    get a lot of anxiety about my health which certainly doesn't help.