Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my fiance was ill at this wedding we went to together where he was a groomsmen. He has IBS frequently and I thought it was just that but he just felt awful and after the ceremony he laid down and we brought him food periodically. And just when I was starting to feel really lame at the wedding (like weddings already make me nervous, alarm bells go off in my head, too many ppl, booze, germs...) seeing the bride and groom dance while I was alone and wishing he was there and not feeling bad all the time (I swear half the time it's event-related, he gets nervous and wham! Spends the day on the toilet) and he shows up seemingly OK. Wow that was nice. And we danced and he gave me a kiss.

And then he told me he threw up earlier when he was laying down and I wasn't there. Yeah....and he hadn't told me b/c he knows how panicked it makes me. Did I mention he'd kissed me already??

So I felt like garbage b/c I'm so selfishly afraid of getting sick. It was really stupid and awful. We slept on opposite sides of the bed that night and I just shivered and shook with adrenaline especially after he put the trash can by his bed and at some point jumped up out of bed randomly clearing his throat. #%%$^ scared me to death. He felt great in the morning and we drove home for 8 hours with no problems.

So "IBS" ruined a wedding and my Emet-ish-ness made it worse. How am I supposed to be married myself or have kids if this happens?? BTW, I didn't become ill at all. I just don't get it.
    \"When the day is blue, I\'ll sit here wondering about you\"

I would have hit the roof when he cleared his throat!!! Thats too bad you didnt enjoy yourself!
    Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don\'t deserve me at my best

I can relate so much to this! My husband recently had the flu when we were away at my mother in laws house. I didn't know how to react because his mother was there and I didn't want her to think I was some sort of freak. I ended up sleeping on the sofa because I didn't want to catch whatever he had...I hope his mom didn't think I was selfish for leaving him alone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this sort of thing has happened to. ...and at the same time, sad that it happens at all. To anyone. Ugh.

yeah Kassie, just about did hit the roof. I was sure it was over, he was b**fing in that trash can and I was never going to sleep with all that adrenaline. Ugh. Every sound he made after that for like four hours sent my heart racing like "This is it!! It's going to happen!"

but I really hate how selfish the emet stuff makes me look. [img]smileys/smilies_15.gif[/img]
    \"When the day is blue, I\'ll sit here wondering about you\"

wow! i'm suprized you stayed in the room! i would have slept in the freakin closet or something! haha well, at least it wasn't YOUR wedding day! Sorry you had such a lousey time though. but hopefully your special day is perfect and your emit goes under the rug for the day =]
    I'm a 20 year old college student struggling with emet. Feel free to PM me or add me on facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I love meeting and talking to other emets

haha I can completely relate. when my boyfriend is sick I'm like that too with every noise and sound!! it does make us seem really selfish I hate it. it makes me feel really sad too that I affect others with my stupid phobia
    Im selfish, impatient and a little insecure I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don\'t deserve me at my best

Quote Originally Posted by kassiewoodruff
    haha I can completely relate. when my boyfriend is sick I'm like that too with every noise and sound!! it does make us seem really selfish I hate it. it makes me feel really sad too that I affect others with my stupid phobia

I totally agree it gets me so upset....especially with my kids. I just can't be near them even if I hear them cough.....my kids usally cough before they.....*V*
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

That's awful i don't know what i would have done if my fiance told me he had v* earlier AFTER kissing me? I can't believe you slept in the same room either, i would have slept in the car. I'm really pleased you didn't get anything too!

SV's aren't transmitted in saliva, but if he's still had remnants in his mouth then that would be a risk for sure.

I've never heard of IBS causing v* before, do you think it was that or more the nerves that made him sick?

WOW you're so brave for sleeping in the same bed/room with him!! Whenever my husband is sick one of us sleeps on the couch, I can't even calm down enough to attempt to sleep in the same room!(BTW, Pauline, I HAVE actually slept in the car a couple of times due to people v*ing in my house - this was years ago, but still, it has happened [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] )

I'm glad you never got sick, but sorry to hear the wedding was ruined for you [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

*~ Sarah (35) ~*
    Emet-Mama to:
    Ashlee (5.5 yrs), Lex (4yrs) & Drake (1 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlynn
    WOW you're so brave for sleeping in the same bed/room with him!! Whenever my husband is sick one of us sleeps on the couch, I can't even calm down enough to attempt to sleep in the same room!(BTW, Pauline, I HAVE actually slept in the car a couple of times due to people v*ing in my house - this was years ago, but still, it has happened [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] )

I'm glad you never got sick, but sorry to hear the wedding was ruined for you [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I have too!!! geez thanks I thought i was a freak for doing that!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made