Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

... and I want to give her some money as a gift when she comes to visit in October. What's the best way to go about doing this? I don't just want to give her American cash. But I also don't know how to get that converted into pounds. Or is there some type of traveler's check-type thing I could give her instead? I just want it to be secure and easy for her.

I know many people are here are from the UK and/or know people in the UK, so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanksssss. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

You should be able to buy British pounds at your bank. You often have to order foriegn currency at banks ahead of time but the pound or euro is common and they likely keep some on hand at the bank. You should also be able to by travelers checks in pounds at the bank too.

Thanks, that's great to know. What route would you take personally? I'm just trying to figure out what would be safest and most convenient for them.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I think travellers cheques in £'s are the safest as if you keep a record of the numbers on each cheque, if they get lost or stolen you can get replacements - you would have to check the rules for if they get lost in the post though - you may have to send them by some sort of registered post to be covered? I'd check with the bank selling them about that. Sending cash is a bit iffy you just don't know what might happen to it en-route and registered post services probably won't cover it either.