Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was at walmart yeasterday my fave store ever and I was walking in the parking lot and I heard that old familar noise...that noise at first I thought it was somone dumping drink outside their car but no she was *v* i was like AHHHHHHHHH!!!! but of course I looked her boy friend or hubby was like all matter of fact are you aok and kept loading stuff in the car while she was....*v* and coughing..yuck!!! I tried not to let affect me but as you can see i am still thinking about it...i will make sure never to park near there again...does anyone get freaked out like that?? even just writing this I get all nervous it is so frusting...
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

I saw v***t on the ground at Arbys when I was a kid, never ate there since. (It has been around 17 years.)

i was riding my bike by a mexican restaurant and a kid came outside w/his dad to be s*. never been there since.

Maybe she was pregnant or something. Poor girl, sorry you had to see that.

How traumatic! Sorry you had to see that!

The first thing I thought of was that she's pregnant. It would explain why her husband/boyfriend was so calm about it. Even if I wasn't emet, I would be freaked out if someone just v* out of nowhere.

A couple of months ago I saw v* in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I almost stepped in it too. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] It was awful! I was disturbed for days after that happened.

One time I went to the bathroom in a mall (this was like the
    same month my emet started to kick into high gear but I
    still went out a lot), and as I was blowdrying my hands this
    guy walks in and coughs on me as he walks by. I cringed
    and got kind of worried for a split second, but brushed it off
    (figuratively speaking) and kept on drying my hands. About
    5-10 seconds later I think I hear something loud over the
    blowdryer but can't make out what it is. Then it turns off,
    and and full blast the guy who coughed on me is *you
    know what-ing* in the toilet stall, like nothing I've ever
    heard.

The next three days were like torture playing the waiting
    game. I've never been in a mall bathroom since.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

man I have a ton of stories like yours what sucks is I avoided those
    places for a while but realized how boring things were getting by
    ignoring them.

I went to a jack in the box for breakfast years ago and some
    homeless guy was sitting at the table pretty much across from us. He
    started v* all over himself.. all over the table. That was very
    traumatic.

Then I was in the mall and I was following three guys looked like
    they were in their early twenties. One of them was coughing and
    covering his mouth and all of a sudden v* all over the quarter candy
    machines in front of me by like 10 feet. That was traumatic too.

However reality is many people get sick for many reasons, in my two
    cases most likely they were intoxicated or on drugs of some sort or
    maybe even the homeless guy had fp* since he eats outta garbage
    cans. That girl too in the car maybe was pregnant. Another reality is
    emets rarely ever v* people who dont have emet v* ALOT. Not all of
    them but many non emets do v* more because its not something
    that bothers them. So I guess what i am trying to say is you can only
    avoid those places for so long. I do admit it was hard for me go back
    to those places but eventually did and never had the same
    experience again luckily.
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

thanks guys[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I will still shop there though but yeah my first thought pregnant
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Years ago outside of a Souplantation in Cali I saw a dad rush his little kid outside to v*. I was getting ready to go in. I changed my mind and never ate there again. EVER.

One time I was sitting in traffic on the interstate. It was bumper to bumper and not moving at all because of an accident. There was a taxi in front of me and I was just sitting there jamming out to some music and then all of the sudden the guy in the back of the cab rolled down the window and projectile v* everywhere. Luckily we were in the far right lane, otherwise it would have gotten all over the car next to him. it went that far. I started to panic and was trying frantically to change lanes but the traffic was just not moving. I sat there behind him for about another 30 minutes and he did it 2 more times. I was freaking out, screaming for people to move and let me over. It was probably the worst experience I have had seeing someone else v*. Now I fear driving in traffic. It never used to bother me but now I get really anxious and try to avoid it at all costs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Something similiar happened to me once. While walking into walmart I was about to grab a shopping cart, I came around the corner and heard a gagging sound...then I noticed this woman holding her 2 year old facing away from her. I thought "she can't be letting him do that right there!" but she was. THEN, she went in to shop!! Dragging the boy around for shower curtains. She didn't even bother to tell a manager what her son had left there.

I wanted to turn around and walk out but decided to go in anyway, I just didn't get a cart. Around every corner there was this woman with her kid. I tried to get on opposite sides of the store for fear that kid would do it again. I also notified someone to tell maintenance to clean up in the front. I went back out the OTHER door, in the gardening section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Today I was in Woodman's and saw some you know what..........pretty sure it was you know what because it wasn't like a broken jar of something and this lady was blocking the aisles and stuff....both ends...............ICK...I'm upset.
    *Sarah*

Woodmans, like the grocery store?? Do you live in Wisconsin? I have only ever seen them in Wisconsin and I LOVE that store! I live in Illinois, but we drive to the one in Kenosha to shop sometimes because I love it! It has so much stuff! I am so sorry you had to see that, though. It might make me not want to go back. (It wasn't the one in Kenosha, was it?)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I hate when I see things like that. I ahven't seen it in a long time but I know I will again soon.

Once I was at the mall. I was headed to the door to leave at Jc Penney and I saw this Mom kinda rushing her 10 year old daughter out the door. I should have known what was going to happen but I still went out the same door they did. By the time I caught up with them the poor girl had allready gotten sick in the parking ramp right outside the door. As I rushed past her and was running to my car I heard her getting sick again.

I avoided that mall for a long time after that and I still avoid going in that door.

I still remember it well. It was like 10 years ago, but I can still picture it. That poor little girl. It was winter and she had on a blue jacket. She might not even remember it but I sure do.

I feel so sorry for you! I have had so many similar experiences. Doesn't it seem like since we suffer from this phobia we always witness people getting sick!?! Not fair! I was at a concert a few years ago..it was hot and they ran out of water (I live in Arizona) anyways..my friends and I are sitting and talking when I hear *coughing* and then something hit the ground. Thats not the worst part...my backside got splattered with his sickness! OMG..i literally chased the guy down and slapped him..i was beyond grossed out. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever been through. And a couple of months ago, my best friend and I were driving home from a show and she told me, I feel sick...but I will be ok till i make it home. So i made sure to get off the freeway and stay on the close right lane so I could pull over ASAP. Unfortunately, she didnt make it home and began getting sick on the side of the car...thankfully she didnt get sick inside my car. YUCK...in a way tho, i was jealous of her...she knew she was gunna be sick and SO calm about it! And she v*ed like it was nothing...I almost wish I could feel that way too...living with this phobia is beyond paralyzing and frustrating!

Good luck to all who suffer from this crippling phobia!

I know exactly how you feel. Today in my Spanish class a boy walked out of the room, threw up in the bathroom, came back and refused to go to the nurse. The whole hour he was complaining about how his stomach hurt, adn he could barely walk. He sat right by me. I was shaking so hard that my desk was rattling and I started to cry, and have a panic attack. The teacher felt pity for me and she left me go to the bathroom for 20 minutes to compose myself. I still feel unbelievably stupid and emberassed for what I did, because people are still talking about it, and I'm afraid to go back to the class on Monday. I've told close friends and even my mom about this and they all laughed at me, so I decided to join an online forum full of people that actually understand what we're all going through on a daily basis. I wish that emetophobia didnt rule my life. It affects my learning, and even places I go to, like the fair and restaurants. I don't even get why I'm like this.

I totally understand. My husband has had too much to drink a couple
    times, and v*. I have totally freaked out and had panic attacks each
    time. It is ridiculous, but I just can't help it at all.

The other day I was in my school library and I heard a gagging noise. I stood up immediately and looked around but didn't see anything. I decided to just put my stuff away and leave because I was basically finished and I wanted to be safe. So I got up to leave.
    The way the library is set up I had to go down some stairs turn and walk out a narrow doorway. When I got down the stairs I got behind a very large tour group that was also leaving. They were pointing and looking around at the same time so they were moving very slow through the door and I could not get around.
    Anyway...All of a sudden I hear running footsteps behind me. I turned and say a girl running with her hands over her mouth. I moved to the side but I knew she was not going to get anywhere because of the tour group. She then turned to get to the garbage but did not make it. It went right by the door.

I stayed in the library (there was no other way out) and missed a class because I was too afraid to leave lol. Now I wont go in there anymore.

I know exactly how you feel !! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I had one of the worst experiences monday .. On the bus on my way to class at 9 am .. Just me and a couple sitting in the very last seat. I hear that terrible sound, and my heart dropped to my stomach. You know what was happening, in a bag. I freaked out and ran to the front of the bus and stood with the bus driver until the next stop. I was so upset, cry and shaking. I had to call my boyfriend in order to calm down so I could go into class. It always upsets me even talking about my emetophobia. I couldn't go to sleep at all that night and didn't go to class the next day. The vision and thought just won't go away. My anxiety is through the roof.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this or not, but when watching tv .. or a movie .. you always get this feeling in your stomach when you know someone is going to v***t. It's like a 6th sense. I hate living with this. And I hate not wanting to ride the bus anymore because my experience. It seems like someone is always *v*ing around me. I have to stay so aware of everyone and what they're saying. If someone says they're nauseous, I'm gone like lightning. Well I just wanted to share this, maybe someone who understand could help me ease my mind. I don't know anyone else personally living with this anxiety so it's comforting knowing this website exists. Thank you.

Red face Re: walmart...never the same again

Same wavelength, you and I.

Default Re: walmart...never the same again

i hate it.....went to walmart a few weeks ago........when i came out i noticed v by my car......it was old (sorry) but i did have to step in it to get in my car........i left my $90 shoes in the parking lot........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    how i feel about emet

Quote Originally Posted by olschesky View Post
    i hate it.....went to walmart a few weeks ago........when i came out i noticed v by my car......it was old (sorry) but i did have to step in it to get in my car........i left my $90 shoes in the parking lot........ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Aw, couldn't you get in the car from the passenger side? I probably would have left my shoes there too, haha. And thrown a match as I drove off!

I'm going to post a very long post, but I just am excited because usually people don't understand what I'm feeling or don't even bother to listen.
    When I was about 4 years old, I remember watching Apollo 13, and seeing the scene where he does that in his helmet. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I remember running into the bathroom at my babysitter's and crying for hours.
    Growing up, my younger brother had bad asthma. He would go on these coughing fits until he gagged and eventually t**** u*, and it usually happened at night. As soon as he started coughing, I would close and lock my door, turn my radio up really loudly, and plug my ears.
    When I was about 12, I was at Chuck E. Cheese's with my family for my little cousin's birthday party. A random little girl t**** u* right behind me, and I started crying and was SO MAD. They didn't even clean it up or tell anybody that worked there about it. I wanted to hit the little girl and her mom, which I never thought of as being normal.
    Nobody ever understands my problem as a "phobia", they just think that I think v**** is gross, and I don't like it, but it's so much more than that. Even when I was in elementary and middle school, I would ask my friends if there was a v**** scene in a movie before I would go see it. They thought I was weird.
    I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years, and I've never had a v**** experience with him up until about 8 months ago. I had some friends in my dorm, and one of them t**** u* all over my living room. I had the worst panic attack I've ever had, and I think my boyfriend finally realized how bad the situation really was. Now, when we go to the movies, if someone looks like they might v****, he covers my eyes for me as quickly as he can.

Just reading these stories made my heart race and palms sweaty. I don't know WHAT I would do if these things happened to me.

I used to work at a Chinese place and I was a busser. One day a lady t*u on a table that I was supposed to clean. Haven't been back in there since! LoL!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

I once witnessed a young girl get sick in the parking lot of McDonalds. I was at the drive thru and I noticed a car parked in the back arking lot with all the doors open and a little girl v* all over the place. Her brother was in the backseat playing his DS or whatever hand held game system he had. Her mom was just standing there ike everything was all normal. When the little girl was done she just jumped back in the front seat and that was that. Okkkkk. Everytime I go into that parking lot I glance at that spot were she got sick and always wonder to myself, " I wonder when she comes here if she remembers what happens or could give to flying bananas."
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

*two flying bananas.lol end of the day. I have 15 more mins here at boringggg work
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

ROFL! Two flying bananas! OMG! I am SO USING THAT FROM NOW ON!

When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman