Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never v*ed???

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth
    Darrin - you sure do have a way with words "retch switch & puke puddles" Very nice indeed!!! LMAO!!

By they way, where is this retch switch you speak of? And how do I turn mine off? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Lol!! Thanks kelly.

I don't really know how to "pull the switch" but it seems that many emets have done just that!

Best,

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I went from the age of 10 to 32 with out v*. Unfortunately, I caught an sv* over Christmas last year at 32 weeks pregnant and ended up in the hospital for 3 days because I was dehydrated and was having contractions. Also, my fever was making the baby's heartrate go up. I was so sick that I didn't even care about the v*. It was super unpleasant and my husband held the basin for me and got rid of it (I never looked at it). The nausea was worse. I only cared about getting better so my baby would be okay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are SOOO lucky!

*knock on wood*
    I've done it a few times in childhood, pre-teen years,
    and once in my teen years.

*Knocks on wood again* Haven't done it since I was 16 --
    I'm 22 now.

I can't stand that sea sickness feeling. I get dizzy and
    everything slows down - as if time is slowing down. at
    least thats how my mind works before I become ill. If I
    am watching TV - the voices on the TV slow down It's so
    hard for me to explain. Everything I look at becomes ugly
    and nauseating. I hate that - that scares me. If/when I
    am ill - I want time to speed up.

*GRAPHIC*

Your mouth does water and your entire body gets cold, you
    sweat, your heart is pounding so hard that you can hear
    it. When I become ill - it's so violent it often uses my
    mouth and nose.

Your body tends to ache horribly after you've stopped
    v****ing - esp your gal bladder.

But yes - maybe you have a mutation. I have rabbits -
    they cannot vomit at all. Nor can many herbivores, but
    they also have a much different digestive system. Unlike
    us, their appendix actually does something.
    -Stefanie

\"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.\"

iv been sick once in my life and that was from gastroenteritis but ever since then all my saftety barriers that kept me calm wen nw im scared too hell once agen

my dad and stepmom (ages 57 and 48), neither of which are emetophobic in the slightest, told me recently they haven't v*ed since grade school! so i think some people just aren't as prone to it, even if they don't have a fear of it. (also, i hope that's genetic [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] )

i think their might be a genetic link... my Dad has not v* since in his 20s (he's 53 now) and my Mom only v* once every few years... I have not v* for 13.5 years... also none of them have ever had noro either.

I am hesitant to say it, but today is the 25th anniversary of the last time I did it. Yikes!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

My dad is 61 and hasn't v*'d for at least 25 years. My mum is NEVER sick, like not even a cold or sore throat or anything...crazy!

Hi I'm new, and stumbled upon this site because I'm also an emetophobe, and I am currently suffering with norovirus...and am fighting some terrible nausea tonight. I have my gum, ginger juice, emetrol, and sipping water, and know I'll be up all night, cuz I won't be sucker punched awake, like my husband and kids were last night...

By the way, I'm an old hand at this. I have only v*** 2 times in my life, and I remember them clear as a bell and shudder--when I was 3, at my Aunt's house, and she freaked out, and when I was 7, I vomited uncontrollably and couldn't eat steak again until I was almost 20 years old.

For the record, I haven't v**** in *33* years. Do the math ;-). I used to be ruled by this phobia, but as I got older, it lessened...I only get truly anxious when I get nauseaous, TRULY nauseous like stomach flu sick, like tonight. Then it becomes a battle of the wills, so to speak--me against my stomach. I've won so far all these years, and I'm hoping tonight isn't the night I have to face this...too daunting a thought.

Good luck Browneyed Bug. Chances are you'll win out, emets typically do not always but usually.

good luck browneyedbug and welcome to the site. I think you will find this a very helpful community and enjoy your stay here. Good luck and here's to another 33 years v* free!

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedbug
    Hi I'm new, and stumbled upon this site because I'm also an emetophobe, and I am currently suffering with norovirus...and am fighting some terrible nausea tonight. I have my gum, ginger juice, emetrol, and sipping water, and know I'll be up all night, cuz I won't be sucker punched awake, like my husband and kids were last night...

By the way, I'm an old hand at this. I have only v*** 2 times in my life, and I remember them clear as a bell and shudder--when I was 3, at my Aunt's house, and she freaked out, and when I was 7, I vomited uncontrollably and couldn't eat steak again until I was almost 20 years old.

For the record, I haven't v**** in *33* years. Do the math ;-). I used to be ruled by this phobia, but as I got older, it lessened...I only get truly anxious when I get nauseaous, TRULY nauseous like stomach flu sick, like tonight. Then it becomes a battle of the wills, so to speak--me against my stomach. I've won so far all these years, and I'm hoping tonight isn't the night I have to face this...too daunting a thought.
    Hey there!

Very glad you joined our forum!

I am very much like you in that my phobia only acts up when I am TRULY n* but other times it is more of a memory.

I got a stomach virus 2 years ago and was very N* but never threw up. It seemed to come and go every half hour or so.

After one day it was over and I felt fine again. All my co-workers were getting very ill. I felt so good knowing I had survived this.

It IS possible through willpower and careful choices, to keep from actually V*ing with this virus.

Hang inthere and it will subside.

Thanks for joining and when you feel better I would love to hear how you have got to this point with overcoming your emetophobia.

I have only V* (due to nausea) 3 times that I can remember. It's been 20 years since last time.

And I also HATE steak (though not related to emet).

Wishing you well!

David

interesting david about it being about once every half hour that you felt really n* because thats the usual v* cycle for an sv* since thats when the stomach usually empties... or tries to and backflows as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsd
    interesting david about it being about once every half hour that you felt really n* because thats the usual v* cycle for an sv* since thats when the stomach usually empties... or tries to and backflows as it were.
    I remember it pretty well.

People had been getting sick at work all week. This morning, I got up and did not feel 100%. Not really any stomach symptoms; just an "off" feeling.

I had a protein drink (as I do most every morning) at about 5:45 on the way to work.

By 8:00 I had not shaken the "off" feeling, and at about 8:30 I got very N*. It started suddenly and there was some dizziness with it. I managed to suppress this by staying still and calm and breathing deeply. It subsided to a 'tolerable' level after 5 or 10 minutes; but was somewhat aggravated by moving around.

The first 2 or 3 bouts of N* was the worst. After that it tapered off, but seemed to keep the 20 to 30 minute period.

I never wanted any food all day but by 6 or 7 that afternoon the N* was much less pronounced; but I still had a general "lack of power" and "off" feling,

I went to bed early and woke up the next morning at my normal time. As I lay in bed, stretching and waking up, I had a shocking realization! I was no longer at all N*!

Had a vanilla EAS protein shake (one of my favorite 'feel good' things) that morning and it made me feel abnormally full but not particularly N*. I could feel that I was somewhat "off" still - so I did not stress my system that morning.

Throughout the evening my energy returned and I never looked back!

Interestingly enough I had no D* either. Just a bad "off" feeling, severe N*, and no energy.

I woke up at 5:00 feeling slightly bad, it peaked at 8:00, and by the next morning at 10:00 I felt pretty much fine again.

Be good!
    David

its very possible you just got a less severe case of noro because you're less susceptible to it

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsd
    its very possible you just got a less severe case of noro because you're less susceptible to it
    Maybe so - I sure hope it does not happen again! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I used to be a frequent visitor to this site but i sorta found out that it might have made me worse so i kinda weened myself off. I seem to come on when i get nauseated which is rare ( knock on wood) these days. I'm on tonight because i am 38 weeks pregnant and had some mexican food that doesn't seem to be agreeing with me. Since i have no previous episodes of v* ( as stated above) I feel like i probably won't but the "what if" still hangs in the air. I like this website cause it takes my mind somewhat off of the problem!
    Danielle =)