I don't know what it's like for people who have to work, but I can say school sure sucks with emet. Especially a new school.
But anyway, I just wanted to post this message, coz I know it sucks and its hard, but sometimes we can surprise our selves.
Well I just recently had to move country and I was so, so petrified. Moving countries I could handle, I've done that a few times now, but as my emet only developed late last year, I've only had short plane trips in that time, max 3 hours. And the trip to where I was moving was nearly 9 hours. I was so afraid because I knew that unlike meeting my friends, or going to assembly at school, I couldn't bail out.
Buuut. I was so, so happy. It was one of the most dificult emet obstacles I've ever had to face- I had anti-nauseas, my ipod or the TV headphones in pretty much the whole time, I didn't eat, and at one stage during the 'sleep-time' (it was a night flight) I spent most of 2 hours drifting in and out of a light sleep and mind-consuming panic, shivering violently the whole time, because I thought the boy behind me was being s***. (and he wasn't even, he was ordering a chocolate... as I later discovered)
But I still did it, and I wanted to remind everyone that sometimes we can get through things, even though they're tough. And it's important to remember to acknowledge the milestones.
Goodluck and love to everybody,
Alex