Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: worried

im sick of this stupid phobia.........its making me lose sleep and weight..........i cant much cuz im scared to......i weigh 103 lbs...........its rediculous..........i want it gone......im bawling my eyes out right now........i cant sleep.............im scared im going to lose too much weight and die or become severly malnourished.......i have lost 8 lbs since last month, for a total of 33 lbs in the last 4 months...im scared...........
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Have you seen a doctor about this at all?

If you can't eat and are losing all that weight then you may want to try those meal replacement shakes that you get from the chemists, they're normally for ill people who can't eat so they have all the vits&minerals and calories in that you need - i used to have them when i was a teenager and wasn't eating. Just having some proper nutirtion inside you will make you feel a bit better. Or even try slim-fast, they're a similar thing.

Thats' a short term fix though, you may want to see a doc and get some therapy or meds to help with the general anxiety you are suffering which is making your emet worse. Once you start feeling better on that front, your appetitie will take care of itself.

Hope you feel better about things soon, you won't feel like this for ever, honestly [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

im on zoloft for anxiety.........the ensure drinks make me n* (theyre disgusting) i had them when i was pregnant with both of my kids............
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I felt like this a coule of months ago. I'm 5'9 and I weigh 105 lbs but I don't look sick because I'm naturally skinny but I was starting to get under 100lbs because I was scared of eating! I was like omg I cannot get this thin. My phobia has gotten better and I don't worry as much about it as i used to. I think It's because I try and keep myslf more occupied. It wont last forever even though sometimes it feels like it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Are things better for you yet? I see you have a 4 month old you are bf. I know bf made me lose weight as well, so you doubly need nutrition. Try really small amounts of bland food. Bananas, oatmeal, crackers, bread, etc. All the things you'd eat during morning sickness to not get sick. HTH!

have you thought of seeing a professional?? I go to counsleing sessions and it helps
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made