Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Throwing up/:

Im terrified of vomiting.. Im 13. Whenever i see some puke, i cry. My biggest fear is throwing up at school because im afraid of what kids will thnik. When kids throw up at school, i get nervous, and cry.
    My fear started in Kindergarten.
    There was a little boy who would cry for his mom every morning, and he would vomit.
    Thats how my fear started.
    Can someone please share their fears of this and post their opinions?
    Thank you so much!!
    [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Lexi, I too had this in elementary school WAY back then. I'm almost 40 and I can tell you what grade I frist saw some one v*, her name, and what she had for breakfast. And every single other kid who did it in my school classes. Yanno theres always one. I never asked to be excused I just left the room. I didnt face the repremands when I simply said "would you rather have 2 doing it verses one?" The worst time for me was when 4th grade Laurie R did it infront of the door, tuna fish(nice) and I could not get out without going by it. So since everyone was freaking out anyways I went and hid in the back of the room WAY WAY away from it.
    And if you HONESTLY think your going to v*, just get up and leave the room, most teachers and fellow students would rather have you leave as much as you would. That way you don't have to care what they think. I'm that way too. I never want anyone to see me do it. In my mind everyone feels the same way I do about this. But I always want someone to care for me if I am ill. Do your parents/grandparents/other family members know your fear?
    If not confide in a "safe" person you know will come and care for you or atleast you can call if you freak out. I'm living proof you can exist with this disorder with the right people in your life.
    My mother was the first to understand if you will, she is a nurse and dealt with that kind of stuff alot. She was WONDERFUL as I grew up. I always remember the nice stuff too in the midst of hell. How her hands were always nice and cool, and she was in control. She helped me with my son, when I just couldn't. She doesn't understand it persay but knew it made me feel bad. Now my husband and son are my hero's! Yes, I tick them off sometimes when I go into the frantic question/answer thing I do, and get fustrated when I make them "look" for me. But they are compassionate still the same. It's all about your support system honey!
    If there isnt anyone in your family, maybe a teacher, counselor, or best friend can start your support team. It is how it is, its a phobia and irrational fear. Nothing you can do to stop it all on your own.
    Your so young yet, but you've carried this for 8-9 years now? I would suggest you confide in your parental units and see what can happen with therapy. The nice kind, not a person who encourages you to v* to accustom you to it.
    And of course you have the rest of us here, we are your natural team, and cheering for you to succeed in all you want to do, have to do, and so on.
    Our ears are open, hearts full of compassion, and all friends brought together by a phobia! We DO know how you feel!
    ~Lacey~

Hey Lexi, I too know exactly what your goin thru. Im 24 and about to have a baby and Ive been scared of s* since I can remember! I hate the sight, sound and everything about it, epescially doin it myself! The thought of actually doin it in public really scares me as I dont even like anyone near me if Im s*, even my fiance that is brilliant with me about it! I think its because I dont mean to, but I get mad with people if theyre s* near me, I no most of the time ( unless thyre drunk) they cant help it, but I get such anger in me for them, so I dont want anyone to look at me like that I suppose.
    Sorry If Ive rambled, I just wanted you to no you are most certainly NOT alone!xxx

Well, Lexi, Welcome to the site. My name is Justin. I do know what you are going through, I'm currently in high school. I go through similar fears, I have chronic n* from a stomach condition so school has become quite hard.

My fears: v*ing, Generally being around other people who are v*ing from a virus. If I know it's not a virus I will not worry about them.

Opinions: I don't really have any. I do know quite a bit about the stomach, gastrointestinal track and antiemetics.
    Life is a wonderful ride.

Hey Lexi... I'm in high school as well and I've had this fear for a long time. I still don't know how to handle it. My fears are v* in front of others, v* in general, and seeing and hearing others v*. I'm scared to death of sv* and of any illness that has to do with v*. So pretty much, I'm in the same boat as you. My opinion is maybe find some help. Therapists can help quite a bit. If you need anything you can always talk to me.