Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I stumbled across this site whilst browsing the web for antiemetic remedies - I've suffered from emetophobia (with varying degrees of severity) for almost as long as I can remember - even when I was about 8 years old my parents took me to the doctors because I was underweight and wouldn't eat - I told them I had a small appetite - in reality I was terrified of bringing any food I ate back up. It got worse than I've ever known it last winter, I spent every day scrubbing surfaces, washing my hands, wearing gloves and a scarf round my face even when I was in my house; I even learnt to flush the toilet with my foot so I didn't have to touch the handle [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] . When I looked at the 'Strange Activities' list, I was actually pretty shocked with how many I identified with or have done [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] . I haven't gone a day in years without thinking about v******* . I had no idea that sites like this existed, hopefully it's something I can get over in time - but it's reassuring to know that there are other people out there who have the same problem as me. So hello everyone, it's good to 'meet' you all .

Welcome to the site and glad you found us, i found it by accident too,probably when unwisely googling noro or something, but i have found it a massive source of support ever since [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I was the same with the strange activities list, it could have been written by me lol.

Look forward to hearing from you in the weeks to come x

Welcome to the site. I remember how excited I was when I found this sit too. I couldn't belive so many other people felt the same way that I did.

I have found lots of great help on here and I hope you will too!!

Welcome [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] it's good to finally be able to have people to talk to about it who understand. Although I've told a select few people, my friends and family never understand why I don't come to dinners out and have to sit by the door in cafes etc. Some of my behaviour must seem really bizarre to them!

Im also new to this website but I am so thankful I found it. I too felt like i was the only person who suffered from this phobia! Im so glad Im not the only one dealing with this. I was also shocked when I read the section "the strange things we do" because I can relate to about 98% of those activities! It has been a huge relief to read others' stories and to relate and not feel foolish for thinking the way I do about V*.

I am also new and just posted a discussion myself. I also have most the behaviours you do. I have gotten worse with my behaviour to the extent people are starting to realise it where as they never used too. I wish you luck with your phobia and hopefully everyone can get over it in time. Best wish's .

Welcome to all the new members. I find this forum very supportive and a lot of help to me. I hope it does the same for you. It just feels good to not feel like the only person in the world that suffers from this.