Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

A Lot of time on here parents get slammed for what they have done/not done. And most of the time i bet they deserve some bitching lol And it also makes me glad that i have the Mum that i do.I wanted to just take 30 seconds to post this about my mum and how grateful i am to have her. So dont get mad at me or anything please. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I Think my mum has got the balance just about right. When i panic she is reasonable and calm with me, she tells me not to be so ridiculous, that i will not throw up and that i am in a state for nothing. Of course this sounds harsh, but it usually means i either listen to her and get calm or i get mad at her and yell and storm about and generally forget i was panicking anyway!

She has such a no nonsense attitude and such a reasonable attitude to V* But she respects my boundries enough, if she feels she will V* she will get away from me , she doesnt hold it against me if i panic and on occassions (when she has V* due to alcohol) she will apologise the next day. She also understand about my food rules and that i cant handle certain things being unhygeinic. And she keeps me level because she will follow the boundries i set if she thinks they are reasonable, if she thought they were ridiculous or had no logic she would not follow them and tell me i should not follow them.

Throughout my ordeal, and despite her being so scared, she has been nothing but supportive and continues to be. I may have the odd bitch about her getting drunk but overall my mum has done so much and tried so hard to make life easier for me. It has been frustrating for her because this is a dumb phobia, even i can see how dumb i am sometimes. But we laugh and make jokes and we discuss V* (not all the time but sometimes) and by being around her i think her attitude about V* is rubbing off on me. I couldnt have lived without my Mum and i Love her so much.

Thats all i wanted to say, just a lil positive thread about parents you know, dont think i am like saying "oooh my mums better than yours" but i just wanted to give a kind of tribute to her for being so wonderful. I Know, its bizarre, but i cant put it here where can i?? lol

Louise

x
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I agree, Mums rule!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My mom is my rock! She sounds very much like your mom hippychick! Minus the alcohol.

She is my best friend and i swear she keeps me sain at times.

I love her (and my dad..because hes the exact same way) more then they will ever raelize...nex to m husband they are the most importand and loved people in my life and I dont have a clue what I would do without them.
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

thats really nice to hear, honestly. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Hi Louise

Your mum sounds just like my dad LOL. My dad as supported me over the past 20 years.
    He knows about my food rules & will wash his hands when I ask.
    I don't live with my parents anymore but when I visit or they come to me then my rules are stood by.

luv Tracyxxx

Aww, thats so great that you feel that way about your mom! Mine is very sweet adn supportive too! It makes all the difference, doesnt' it?
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I know what you mean... I love both of my parents with all my heart and can't imagine ever having to live my life without them being here for me. Don't get me wrong, we don't always get along so great, just last night I had an argument with both of them over something dumb, but no matter what they are my parents and I love them.

They have been there for me during the toughest times of my life and they are the two people I can always count on to help me out no matter what the circumstances. I can only hope that I will somedaybe, for my children, what my parents are to me... I love them!!!

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

we are so lucky heres to the moms, I can't imagine living my life without her!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh