Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What would be the most comforting to you?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • The arms of a loved one

7 23.33%
  • Sofa next to a television/computer

9 30.00%
  • Under the covers

4 13.33%
  • A rock concert

0 0%
  • A cozy restaurant

0 0%
  • Your parents home in general

5 16.67%
  • A bathroom

3 10.00%
  • The circus

0 0%
  • A bear cave with a hungry Grizzly

1 3.33%
  • A coffee house/bar

1 3.33%

I know we all have our "comfort zones" when we feel poorly. I just threw a
    couple random ones together, and wanted to see which would suit you best!
    [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

Can I vote for 3?[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img] sorry being cheeky!

If I had a loved one, that would be super! Sadly, I am, always have been, and probably always will be, single. Maybe I'm just unloveable!!
    But then I hate some people knowing I'm ill- especially my family. Never had any experience of a relationship to judge though....

I also loooove TV/ pooter for distraction and companionship.
    But I also love bed. Argh I can't decide. SORRY! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Ha ha you are too funny felicity. I hope you don't mind, but I asked a few questions about england in your private mailbox! Hopefully they sent. I hope you don't mind. I am utterly fascinated by your country. Oh, and by the way, when british people vomit, do they do it with a british accent? (just kidding!!!!). Oh, and I love "Torchwood: children of earth". Have you seen it?

As for my comfort zones, I like wearing soft, wooly, and fuzzy sweaters. They help me feel safe and secure. I guess they give me "warm and fuzzy" feelings. I have done this ever since I was a little and emetophobic boy. Sometimes I even wear them in the summer!

I also have a teddy bear (hey, if adult girls can still keep teddy bears from their youth then boys can too).

I think having a partner could help with anxiety, but I am currently taking a bit of a hiatus from dating for a while! I am trying to decide if I really believe in love or not. Right now I just like meeting friends....like all of you wonderful emets! You guys are helpful.

Take care,

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You are loved by many Felicity, silly silly girl
    Life is so worth living.

Darrin.. there is nothing wrong with owning a teddy bear. Ka'eth has gotten
    me so many I lost count, although we left one in Denver with his twin.
    They are adorable to boot though!

If I had not met Ka'eth I would have chosen no on dating. It is overrated and
    there are far more fun things to do in my own opinion, save for being with
    Ka'eth... he is pretty neat!

Since no one knows what the future holds, we could all be in the arms of a
    loved one by tomorrow!

Life is so worth living.

Thanks Sav. As for relationships, I have had one girlfriend from Brighton England for a short while. I also had a short stint with a girl from stanton island NY. I got dumped by the former, and I broke it off with the latter.

The funny thing is that I am still a virgin. I think the problem is that I am such an eccentric non-comformist and punk-rock type of person. I just can't seem to find the compatibility I am looking for. The strange thing is that I dont even know how much I really want a relationship sometimes. I mean, I keep trying to weigh the pros/cons with the whole situation and I come out about 50/50.

Anyway, I don't see why it should be considered "okay" for a woman to still have a teddy bear and not a bloke. That "be a man" stuff just doesn't fly with me. I guess my teddy bear makes me a bit of a rebel who does my own kind of thing and marches to the beat of my own drum.

I always thought it would be funny if two people on IES fell in love.......I mean, wouldn't it be amusing if two people met on IES and were then asked by a third party how they met? For example,

bride's father: "So how did you guys meet?"

couple: "Ah....it was puke, vomit, and barf that brought us together".

bride's father: "Oh....How romantic!! I never knew that upchuck could be such a potent love potion. I mean, at least it comes from the stomach....which is sometimes said to be the pathway to one's heart!!"

Anyhoo, take care Sav!!

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ha ha ha! Oh you are far too much! I am a firm believer that someone and
    another are going to fall in love on this site and we will have a little online
    wedding for them. Emetrol cocktails for all!

You are fine to own a bear, I have absolutely no problem with that! Being
    a man is subjective anyway do you not agree?

It is truly heart wrenching that you lost your former loves. I used to date
    an Australian named Martin. We talked about the world and more (plus his
    accent was adorable), but it did not last , and that is alright. If I had not
    lost that I would never have gained; and I am going to stick by the belief
    of you gaining.

Fantastic!!
    Life is so worth living.

Thanks for the kind words Sav.

My moods seem to change depending on the moment. Sometimes I feel like the world's biggest loser, and other times I feel okay with myself. It is very odd. I agree about accents. When I went out with the girl from Brighton it was like an added bonus.

Take care,

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

I have been taught not to let my emotions rule my every action, since
    emotions don't always necessarily reflect what is true. Easier said than done
    like most things though eh?
    You are quite the gentleman! I am certain if you could wish for an accent it
    would be british. Mine would be...... Irish ... back to the old roots. I wish to
    learn the Irish Gaelic language one of these darns days.
    Aye, you never know where life will be taking you sport.

And who in the heck would not want to be paired with a hungry Grizzly?
    You could feed it fish from the rivers... and if you have no fish and no river,
    you could get the heck outta there!
    Life is so worth living.