Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok so today I signed up for a Medical Assisting (Associate's degree) program. I already have a Bachelor's in Sociology but it wasn't very marketable and wasn't getting me anywhere. Is anyone here a Medical Assistant or can tell me a bit about what to expect once I get into the field.

You really should move this to the private forum since that's where the most traffic is. No clue about that topic. We have a couple nurses here but I don't think we have any physician's assistants. Go for it!

Medical Assisting rocks, you get to learn all kinds of things about the medical field, plus you get more patient contact than the doctors, you get to stick people w/needles (yes, I'm evil, aren't I? )

I only wish that I'd been allowed to finish my MA program...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I wish you the best of luck with this. A friend of mine works as a medical
    assistant, and she is most helpful; and has a much more personal
    relationship with the physician she works with. I am not sure about all of the
    intimate details on the subject; but I truly hope it works out well for you!
    Life is so worth living.

I'm a medical assistant!! I started out pursuing a degree in speech pathology and audiology but (long story) that didn't work out, so I went on to medical assisting. I really enjoyed the whole program. I love anything medical (except that ONE thing, which is kind of hard to ignore, but...). I worked in a pediatrician's office for a bit before my kids. Now I just finished my phlebotomy certification (drawing blood) and am hoping to have employment in another month or so.I really love drawing blood.
    As far as your phobia goes, it is hard to be in the medical field and not run into it, I think, but if you realllllly love it, it is that much easier. I worry about patients fainting or getting sick from having blood drawn, but I love it so much that I am giving it a try...good luck and let me know how you are doing!