Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It was awful

Hybrid View

Maybe Graphic??????

Guys i need help now. I went for a nap today cos i was really tired, then when i woke up i felt really sick. Then i had some anti-emetics and some water. But i dint feel any better, then i felt like i was gonna be sick and some sick came into my mouth and i spat it out but didnt let myself be properly sick. I just cried and cried til the feelin went away.

That was about an hour ago and i still feel awful. Im so scared that im going to be sick again and it will be properly this time. Why isnt there a way to prevent vomiting? Im so tired but i wont go to bed, im too scared. I want this to be over and i want to be normal and not to be scared. Im shaking and everything right now. I just dont want to be sick and i know it will happen. Ive tried taking my mind off it but i cant, nothing helps. I just want to die then iw nt get sick ever again.

Sorry if ive upset anyone, i know ppl have been worried about the posts about ppl gettin sick, sorry.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

OH NO! That real sucks! Im so sorry that happened to you. I don't know how long ago you posted this but if your still in the stage of feeling awful, try and drink some water in very small sips and maybe just sit down, take some deep breaths, maybe in front of the TV or a book. Just chill out and relax! I'll pray for you - God Bless, Chris
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aw sarah im sorry it's been a rough night. what anti emetics do you use?
    maybe you could have a bath to settle your nerves? it will atleast soothe your tummy for a while..
    what you described, sounds like regugitation..almost like spit -up?

My thoughts are with you Sarah. I don't have much to say that will probably help you right now but I wanted to offer my support.

Whenever I am feeling sick I usually get cozy in bed, prop up my head with pillows and watch tv. The tv usually helps to distract me from what is going on. I find something funny on tv and try to forget about my situation. If you are sitting in a quiet room you are left alone with your thoughts and you mind creates all kind of things that will only torture you. Find something to distract yourself.

Good Luck, Carly

Quote Originally Posted by jazz

aw sarah im sorry it's been a rough night. what anti emetics do you use?
    maybe you could have a bath to settle your nerves? it will atleast soothe your tummy for a while..
    what you described, sounds like regugitation..almost like spit -up?

I forgot about a warm bath! That is a great idea and to relaxing.

Carly

I'm so sorry Sarah that this happened. I know this isnt very comforting but when I felt REALLY sick almost 2 weeks ago from all of the stress, I just let it happen, it was unpleasant but I did survive it. I hope you feel better but... I am just saying that its so scary when you think about it but you DO get through it... please take care and IM me whenever you want, I am online a lot.

Miriam

Sarah - r u sure it wasnt a v* burp?? cause they can be pretty gross,but it doesnt mean ur gnna v* properly...

can't see you on MSN, but hope ur okay.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

------------Edited by: discochic90

Thanks for the replies. Im still feeling awful. It was definitely not a vomit burp thing, it felt, tasted like sick yeugh. Im just praying i dont get any worse. I am really tired but im too afraid to go to sleep. I cant believe this is happening, i just want it to go away. I cant have a bath cos i feel to bad to do much. Ive just been sat on the sofa not doin anything, scared to move. Sorry.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

What you experience may have been some acid in your mouth. I'm sure it wasnt c* b.c if you were truly going to v* it would have all come out. Did it taste acidic? Did you eat at all today? that could have a lot to do with it, if you dont eat the acid in your stomach has nothing to work on. Did you lay down after you ate? This to can have a big effect on what you were feeling, b/c the acid and food may come back up your esophagus, it's acid reflux.

I hope you feel better sarah!

Danielle

Hey sarah!

I totally now how you feel. Yesterday I felt so too...and I was so in panic and thought i have to v*,but it didnīt happen then.

Do you feel ill??? Have you got a temperature or stomach craps????

I hope you feel better right now! I can understand that you donīt want to sleep, but maybe you need some sleep?!!!!

take care, Jenny
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

Sarah, usually when I start to feel sick, I lay down on my back, and take deep slow breaths, and just keep swallowing, as if to keep it down. In doing that I try to fall asleep so that nothing can happen. Usually I fall asleep and then I wake up feeling better. Thats what works for me.

-Rachel

Aww sarah I just had to reply because the exact same thing happened to
    me as a kid. I still remember how terrified I was! Our
    family had a tummy bug and I remember feeling horrible and doing the
    spit thing you described! But by golly I fought it the rest of
    the night and never did get sick.

Do you have any diphenhydramine? It's a sleeping pill that's also
    used for motion sickness, so it would help the nausea. It sounds
    like you need something to knock you out so you can rest and fight this
    feeling. It's available over the counter as Nytol.

Please, give it a shot, it really helps me when I am beyond anxious, nauseous, and can't sleep.

Edited by: redhed67

Thanks everyone, I guess it couldve been acid reflux, but it felt like vomit yeugh. Im feeling better his morning, but still shaky. I didnt sleep too well either. I really dnt want to go out today but i have to take my daughter to play school and pick her up [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. I cant get anyone else to do it either sob. I just want to crawl into bed and forget this ever happened. Im so scared now, even more than i was before. bcos now i know it can happen to me cant it? And now i dont want this anymore, i need to get rid of emet and fast. Sorry for the depressing post.

Sarah xxx