Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm going to list things I've already acomplished in the thirteen years I've had emetophobia and things that still need work. I just need a place where i can keep track of my progress which i am determined will end in recovery.

Fears I've overcome.

>> I can see someone v* as long as I know it isn't from a contagious illness. (Also comfort them too.)

>> I can watch videos of people v*.

>> I can handle feeling hungry without jumping to conclusions.

>> I'm very close to remaining calm when I have d*. (Without thinking "Oh my god i have a s*b*.')

Fears.

>> I panic when I feel n*

>> When I'm full I get nervous.

>> I cannont be around someone who has a contagious s*b*.

>> I'm still terrified of v*.

I'll try to update my progress every other day to once a week.

It's going to be a bad day today. My boyfriend is depressed and he won't tell me why so that raises my anxiety. I've been popping Clonazepam like crazy.

I think I'm getting addicted.

Had a panic attack last night. It wasn't a bad one, but it still sucks. I
    fought it off quicker than usual so I guess that's progress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    N=1

Progress.

You've already come a long way it seems, from seeing your list As far as quickly combating your panic attack, congrats! That's not an easy thing to start learning to do! Once you get the hang of it though, it'll be super easy.

Try to stay positive, it really helps. Instead of saying "It's going to be a bad day today," say "Today presents some challenges, but I know I can overcome them." EVEN if you're not sure if you can or not. Just voicing that thought and putting it out there really really helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko
    You've already come a long way it seems, from
    seeing your list As far as quickly combating your panic attack,
    congrats! That's not an easy thing to start learning to do! Once you
    get the hang of it though, it'll be super easy.

Try to stay positive, it really helps. Instead of saying "It's going to be a
    bad day today," say "Today presents some challenges, but I know I
    can overcome them." EVEN if you're not sure if you can or not. Just
    voicing that thought and putting it out there really really helps
    Thank you for the advice!

N=1

Progress.