Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey, guys. I decided it was finally time to take control of my phobia and myself and take an adventure in therapy. So far it's been going great and I'm starting to learn to challenge my superstitions/thoughts. I was diagnosed with moderate to severe OCD in connection with my emet, so we've been working a lot on some of my habits. I'm definitely looking forward to being completely cured one day!

thanks for all the support you all have given me through this, I wish you all the best of luck in taking back your lives too

Good luck! What sort of therapy are you having? It sounds a good plan to start off with the "OCD" type behaviour that seems to go hand in hand with emet for a lot of us. Keep us updated with how you are getting along, i like hearing positive experiences [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thanks!

it's basically just my therapist and I sitting in a room and talking about things, but I think it's starting to help a little especially during this time of year which is especially hard for me

hopefully I'll be able to get over this soon