Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

in response to the 'just for fun' thread- what have you guys achieved that you feel really proud of, and that required a lot of bravery in overcoming emet? it can be big things, small things... hopefully it will motivate us all and remind us of how strong we are.
    here are mine:
    travelling across europe
    flying on a long-haul flight
    moving away from home to go to uni
    going out to nightclubs and drinking with my friends
    eating out in restaurants
    going on a ferry
    going to lectures everyday
    looking after my friend who got sick from drinking too much
    making myself keep eating everyday despite anxiety about it, so that i dont get underweight
    typing the words vomit, sick and stomach virus right here- it scares me but i want to do it because i know i can.
    more than anything- somehow leading an almost normal life and not having a breakdown. somehow i am still in one piece!

each of these activities seem normal to non-emets, but scared the hell out of me. the rest of the world would find it hard to understand our achievements so let's celebrate them here! sorry for overlong post!

Staying at work after I got sick in the morning, an 8 hour shift!
    Sleeping next to my boyfriend when he's drunker than normal (twice he's been ill in his sleep)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.