Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, i've just got back from center parcs, and i've been there since friday, i was going with my friend and her family so i was a bit scared in case.... you know [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Well anyway... travelling was fine, i had my polos with me [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]and the food was OK, but i'm sure her family got sick of me, because i'm so picky with food!

But.... the big triumph was: i told my friend that i had emet. Except it never sounded as serious as i wantedit to be, because the conversation just popped up, cos my friend said that she was scared of the ocean or something... and then i said i have a thing called 'emetophobia' which is the fear of being sick. And she was like... 'why are you scared of being sick?' and i just said, well, i dunno... i just am!

then i went on to say that i do loads of things to avoid it, like eating less, chewing gum, eating mints, avoiding people who feel sick, etc. etc.

Then the day after, she just came out with... ' i didn't know you were scared of being sick' and i was like.... yeh.... thats why i chew chewing gum all the time, and then she said.. well that doesnt stop you being sick does it? [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]So now i'm even more panicky cos now i think that chewing gum doesnt stop you being sick [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

but anyway, i'm glad i've told her.... and now she can look after me a bit more! hehe

Oh, and i've just found out that my grandma has sickness and diarhea(sp?) I think i'll be aoiding her for a few weeks! haha [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

HEYA Louise!! i missed you! its been a bit quiet around here! glad to hear u had a good time!

about this chewing gum thing, mint is supposed to help with nausea, but idont expect ur friend knew that...

its good u cud openly tell ur friend lke that, its nice to know someone around u is tryin to understand at least.

see ya around

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awww thx for replying [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I don't think she quite understands properly... she sounded intregued (ooo posh word! lol) though, she was asking questions about it, and wanted to know more..... but she was sounding as if i was weird (well i thought she was!)

And i dont think she knows why i'm scared of being sick... she thinks i'm a right freak [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]haha!

But at least she knows now, and i cn talk to her in future if i need to speak to her...

I haven't even told my mam yet it's because we dont get enough time to talk to each other, as she works full time, and i'm always on the computer! lol And plus she won't believe me if i tell her, cos she'll think that she'll knwo if i'm scared of something! If that makes snese [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

heya

i tihnk finding the right moment to tell ur mum is crucial. i ended up telling her (or shouting at her) in the morning, just before school,. so i got myself all upset and had to try nd make it thru the day. anyway, im sure u hav a better relationship with ur mum, than i do, so good luck with that!

i think its hard for ne non-emet to understand, but im glad to hear ur friend was asking questions, im sure she'll get the gist of it soon.

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Went back to school today....

and at dinner time (i always go home at dinner, with my friends) I thought i was going to be sick.. seriously... i had a tickly cough, and you know when you 'gag' (or whatever you say!) i did that and i felt something come up.... and i was like... oh no... please don't be sick.... but i wasn't... and i'm fine.. well... i hope i am!

WOW! god if i did tht, i wud hav been s***ting myself, i certainly cudnt sit there and say " im fine" [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

blimey [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]WAHEY! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jennxxxxxxxxx

MSN:

lol, i was with my friends though - don't know what difference that makes though!

But yeh, i was really scared, because it wasn't actually a tickly cough when stuff kind of came up.. the cough happened after... so i went to get a drink of water, and i was fine after that...

and i still had a chocolate biscuit! and crisps and other junk food! lol

But yeh, i'm fine.... hehe

il say it again, WOW. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Jen xxx

MSN:

Hehe!!

It's not that fantastic! lol

Hi Lousie

Well done on telling your friend.I think that was incredibly brave of you. I'm sorry she wasn't very understanding about it. I think chewing gum does help, because if its mint flavour, then it can help settle your stomach.

Hope your grandma gets better soon

Abi xxxx

\"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"