Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i had a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned & to also have the x-ray done. well, the assistant tried the paper x-ray & i kinda got scared so she decided to go ahead & cleaned my teeth. she didn't want to make me more scared then i already was. then she told me of another type of x-ray. it was where you bite on a stick with your front teeth & the machine goes around your head. i did that one with no problem! guess what no cavities! but i do have a baby tooth that needs to come out. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]also my wisdom teeth are impacted, but they told us we could wait on them.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Awww well done,all my widom teeth were impacted too, i had 3 of them removed, i woke up during surgery. As not wanting to scare you i wont say no more. But you have to get them removed before the fuse with your jawbone.

IES Admin

Wow well done!! I too cant stand going to the dentist and find some of their procedures kind of scarry! Well done for sticking with it. What are the planning to do now?

Good job!!

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

Well Done [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

they are planning on getting the baby tooth pulled first, cuz the permenant tooth is very visible right now. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

IHad that done once, My baby tooth was loose but not enough and the new one was growing in wierd, so she just started pulling it, i was like "wtf???" and then pop it was out and she shoved a wad of cotton in my mouth, it really wasnt so bad, cos i am the biggest wimp in the world so if i couldnt have handled the pain she would ahve known!! but it was over so fast and so easy. (and it really wasnt that loose lol)

Good Luck!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

IHad that done once, My baby tooth was loose but not enough and the new one was growing in wierd, so she just started pulling it, i was like "wtf???" and then pop it was out and she shoved a wad of cotton in my mouth, it really wasnt so bad, cos i am the biggest wimp in the world so if i couldnt have handled the pain she would ahve known!! but it was over so fast and so easy. (and it really wasnt that loose lol)

Good Luck!

thanks [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

I had a baby tooth removed too, I didnt have any injections, just this stuff on cotton wool. I didnt feel a thing!! Still scared of the dentist!!

am i the only emet who really doesnt mind dentists? i dont like the wooden sticks they put in ur gob but thats cuz the feel of them makes me cringe

They arnt too bad. I think its the cotton wool thats the problem casue it makes you shudder a bit!

You're not the only one. I don't mind Dentist's either, actually, I enjoy them! Especially the tooth paste they give you when they clean your teeth. I personally requested if they soldthose in stores, but they don't --- sadly. Edited by: Raspberries

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

GO Stephanie!!!!!! You should be very proud!!! [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I wanna be like MissGoddess andRaspberries lol.

Congratulations Stephanie! You'll be fine w/ your baby tooth removed! i had two pulled that were abcessed when i was about 11 and the dentist himself was scarier than the process! lol Good luck!

\"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

i already had one removed by this dentist so i'm not as scared about removing this second one. it's just the thought of havinga big hole in my mouth. since i'm from arkansas everybody'll think i'm a hillbilly.....lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by stephiewephie05
    i already had one removed by this dentist so i'm not as scared about removing this second one. it's just the thought of havinga big hole in my mouth. since i'm from arkansas everybody'll think i'm a hillbilly.....lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

AWWWW Stephanie!!!!! LOL!!!! If they call you that you can tell them justwhere to put their close-minded thoughts!! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]I'm Kidding!!! No, but the whole won't be there too long right? I mean, the adult tooth is growing in there huh?[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

yeah, but the other adult tooth is crooked & it looks weird. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

yeah, but the other adult tooth is crooked & it looks weird. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Hey!! You are talking to the queen of teeth imperfections here!! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]I got braces to help straighten my teeth! Maybe you can do the same when the tooth grows out fully!! There are a lot of options to straighten teeth: invisaline(expensive), some people do some type of surgery, and of course braces!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

my best friend had braces. are they as bad as i've heard? just curious... i mean i've heard you have to have the mold stuff in your mouth eww.......
    ♥Stephanie

I'm not going to lie to you...they aren't very fun. Especially the tightening part and all that. But it sure is worth it to have a pretty smile!! I am getting mine off soon, so I can't wait to flash them pearly whites!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]But about the whole mold thing...yeah, that part is kinda nasty, but it isn't too bad. It just tastes really icky and stuff. It was so long ago, but I can still remember the taste! LOL!! In my opinion, it's worth it to have a movie star smile!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]That stuff at the dentist's office tastes pretty bad too if you ask me!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

the only thing i like at the dentist's office is the toothpaste they cleaned my teeth with this last time. it tasted like cinnamon!
    ♥Stephanie

Good Job!!!! I CAN NOT go to the dentist and have anything done without freaking out. Ugh. I hate some kinda nasty tasting stuff that they put on my teeth when I go to the dentist.

Ps. I am the same person as YoungEmet, but I had to start another membership.

Lizzy

the only thing i like at the dentist's office is the toothpaste they cleaned my teeth with this last time. it tasted like cinnamon!

I always get the nasty ones!! Maybe I'll ask them for something else!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCsmile6

I always get the nasty ones!! Maybe I'll ask them for something else!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

yeah, they just gave me the good tasting kind [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

I get the Cherry kind that reminds me of cough syrup or Children's Tylenol [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

uw another nasty thing apart from the wooden stick is the smell of the rubber gloves yack [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

cherry, sounds yummy.
    ♥Stephanie

The gloves and the stick and the cherry... [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Bad memories....
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

aww, neha.
    ♥Stephanie

they are planning on getting the baby tooth pulled first, cuz the permenant tooth is very visible right now. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

trust me, i had a baby toothe pulled it really doesn't hurt that much this is what happened the took the thing that they use pulled out my tooth then i asked are you gonna pull my tooth out soon and they were like it's already out and i was like oh

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]