Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Survived!

I was really I was going to v', but I didn't (I haven't in 12 years), there was somebody near me that was dry heaving, but they never v'd. I don't mind other people v'ing usually, but I was a bit distressed as it is, so it bothered me a bit.

I just got home at about 1:30 this afternoon, and had gone in at about midnight last night so it was quite the field trip. Glad it's over with no v'ing to speak of!Edited by: ChippedAway

That sucks. Allergies to Peaunuts are not good. So many things have peanuts in them!! I have a good friend allergic to them, and were all so careful around her!

Anywho, glad you made it through, and even watched someone dry heave. I'd have passed out!

glad you're okay![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

heya

im glad to hear u got thru that ok allergies must be horrible, i cant imagine having to look at EXACTLY what i eat to check it hasnt got ne slight trace of peanut in it.

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh man! I am sooo glad that you are ok. Allergies are scary things, I am only really allergic to bees and insect bites.

My husband though is allergic to fish really bad and we are always careful about eating out.

Be well And WTG on the hospital trip with the heaver et al. Heheh I hate hospitals and fear people getting ill or heaving or hearing anything like it. In fact when I was in the hospital after giving birth I had myself ready to go asap the next day. Heheh I didn't want to be there any longer than I had to. Though I have to say to have breakfast brought to me in bed was nice. LOL[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I'm glad to hear that you are okay!!! I also congratulate you on dealing with the dry heaver!!!! I don't know if I could have handled it!

wow thats really great!! Did you get any sleep last night? Aww hope you are ok now! well done

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your thoughts!

Feeling a bit better today, still shakey from the meds, I haven't slept yet.

Awwww, that sounds horrible. I really hope you are feeling better now. Allergies must be so scary, especially the peanut one.

xx

Hey Chipped Away,

WOW!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Glad you are feeling a bit better today!!! What a SCARY EXPERIENCE!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Do you mind my asking what happens if you eat peanuts? The reason I am asking this isbecause, I too am SEVERLY allergic to peanuts. My allergy is also life-threatening. If I come in contact with even a tiny piece of any type of peanut, I v*****, my throat swells up, and Ihave troublebreathing. My throat caneven close up, and I get hives sometimes too. I have to carry an 'Epipen' with me at all timesto inject myself just in case I accidently come into contact with peanuts, otherwise I could go into a coma and even die if not treated in time. Anyway, I would have to say that this feeling is the worst feelingever, even worse than v*******, because you have the throat swelling and trouble breathing and everythinggoing on at the same time with thenausea, and stomachaches. ICK!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I don't even want to think about that feeling!!! You know it though. [img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]Sorry you had to have that happen!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I theorize that my emet could've developed from the consequences of this allergy, but that's just me trying to be smart....lol.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

It's so hard because like others have said so many things have peanuts in them. And then there's that "May Contain Peanuts" or "Allergy Information: Processed in a factory that manufactures peanuts" or "May Contain Traces of Peanuts" on the ingredients label that makes it impossible to eat a lot of the good foods. Even though they are probably just putting those labels on to protect themselves,I still stay away from foods with that warning. I also always ask in restuarants and new places where I eat about what oil they cook in or if what I am eating/ordering has peanuts. It's a hell ofa responsibility to take, and slip ups do happen!! It's happened to memany times, and it's been scary as hell!!!

Kudos to you on getting through that hellish experience!!! I can see where you are coming from on this one 100%!!!

Note to self: Stay away from Target brandChips!!!

Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have asthma and my lungs close up. I use an epipen but still have to get to the hospital right away to start salumedrol and benadryl. Fun.

I am also allergic to my horses, I hate being allergic to my best friends!

Quote Originally Posted by ChippedAway

I have asthma and my lungs close up. I use an epipen but still have to get to the hospital right away to start salumedrol and benadryl. Fun.

That sounds just like me!! I also have bad asthma. My Epipen I think is to calm my body down until I can get to a hospital.

Sorry to hear you are allergic to your horses. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]DAMN ALLERGIES!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

That sounds like a very scary experince, but I'm glad you are safe and well now. I am also really pleased that you didn't V****

Hope you feel better now

Abi xxxxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"