Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

i know i won't be able to sleep tonight without it replaying through my mind like a thousand times, so i thought i'd share. well, tonight i was helping with the "parents' night out" at my taekwondo school, where the parents leave their kids for the evening while a bunch of teen students and a few adults organize activities for them. anyway, during the movie (the last hour and a half of the night), i was helping with cleanup when one of the other volunteers said, "nicole just got s* on the mat", and suddenly they brought her out and she did it again...and i saw it this time. i quickly turned away, but the memory will never fade. i had to watch her clean herself up, and watch the adults clean up the v*, which wasn't even limited to one area, which would have been better, but was on the mat as well as two areas on the carpet, plus in the trash. i just about ran out of there. but i stayed for another hour before i left, helping supervise kids still watching the movie.

one of the other adult volunteers told me that it was because her uncle just passed away, so she was grieving, but i'm still scared it could have been an sv*. i came home and lysoled all my stuff, put my clothes in the wash, and took a shower.

now i'm scared to go back to taekwondo on monday for class, because i know i'll have to walk over at least one of the spots where it happened, and we go barefoot. how long do the viruses in v* live? any idea?

any support would be greatly appreciated.

Norovirus (which causes most sv's) is only transmitted through fecal-oral route and v*-oral route. So...walking barefoot across the carpet won't contaminate you! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

On the other hand, I'm SO sorry that you had to see that! I HATE seeing others v*! It literally traumatizes me all over again each time it happens! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I do believe the story of her uncle, though. Some people (especially those w/weak stomachs) tend to v* when they become super emotional...
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so sorry you had to see that.

Such an awful thing to witness! Just imagine all the many places it happens we are oblivious too, and walk on in our everyday lives blissfully without getting ill. That is one thought that has gotten me through many a fearful time.
    Life is so worth living.

Ouch! That is horrendous. I'm really sorry.