Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi. I'm new to this site. I've never even posted a note to a chat room before. I am 42 and have been suffering from emetephobia my entire life, but I didn't know that anyone else had it until last week when I found this site. I've been to therapists, and they had never heard of it either. I'm surprised at how many of you have children. I don't know how any of you have managed to get past the fear in order to experience pregnancy or having a child. I would be too afraid of morning sickness and too afraid that I would run in the opposite direction if my baby threw up. It's really hard for me when my husband feels sick or gets sick. I know that he is the one who should be cared for but I get so anxious and panic stricken that I need more help than he does!

It was empowering to learn that many of you understand my feelings and inspiring to hear how some of you have overcome your fears. I don't hold out a lot of hope that I can overcome mine because I can't imagine life without this fear. I don't even understand why everybody doesn't share this fear. But I am comforted to know that there are people who understand.

Greetings and welcome to this cozy little forum.
    First of all dear, you will be amazed at what you can actually handle in this life! Never let anyone tell you otherwise, and that includes thoughts and what not.

Having children has shown me that all too often.

Second, I hope you meet and get to know the many wonderful folks who have found a home here as well! You will love them [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.