Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well my daughter texted me from the school bathroom yesterday morning saying that she TU and was not leaving the bathroom to go to the nurse and WOULD I PICK HER UP.

Well I couldn't leave work so my SIL picked her up and took her home for me (she is a very independent 15 year old so....she would almost rather not have me around - LOL).

Anyway only a slight moment of panic set in at the onset of the information but I went home and cared for her getting her sprite (she hates ginger ale) and white rice when she asked.

Even though I was slightly on edge I never panicked. Didn't call my mom crying and begging her to come get my daughter because "I can't to it".

I'm giving credit to Celexa -- I've been much more stable and level headed since I started it last last year!!!

Hope all is well with all of you!!!!

God Bless

Grats!! What a huge leap forward!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ah wow well done! I take Celexa too- it's really helping me as well!

So glad for you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Wow thats so awesome! I would have been a mess! ha

I would have also been a mess! Right now, since I feel perfectly fine, and no
    one around me feels sick in anyway, I don't fear v*. If I would just hear those
    shoes hitting the floor in a rapid pace, the slamming of the door—ugh—I'd
    be a mess, just a complete mess. "Just be quick to get home because your
    brother just got sick." Those dreaded words.

Anyway, enough about me. That's awesome that you were able to deal with
    it! I've been trying my own desensitization therapy using YouTube. I'm doing
    slightly better with the fake thing, but never the real thing, and I doubt I'll
    ever be. I applaud your success, however!

Wow! Well done! I have a question for you kellygirl and xxglitter, about Celexa, what kind of med is it? I have currently started taking Paxil CR, generic, and I have taken it in the past. It has never seemed to help with this fear, I just end up getting depressed too. So I'm giving it 2 months on this and then I will request something different. I have been trying to find out which med is best for this particular phobia. Any info or experience you have please share. Thanks!

Great job!! You handled yourself so well. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!!! I have to admit my hands are dry and cracked from all the handwashing and I wouldn't let my husband use "that bathroom" since Tuesday but all in all it was a much gentler experience than usual (on me -- but my poor daughter is still home from school -- still running a low grade fever NO MORE V****). Her school made the newspaper because so many kids are out sick -- over 200 last count.

nhernandez1194 -- Celexa is an antidepressant and although I didn't start it as a "cure" for my phobia it really has totally calmed me down so that I'm not so... high strung to begin with. I'm a real control freak so just being able to "let go" of some stuff has really been a blessing.

Hope all is well with all of you and thanks again for the kind words!!!

I take Celexa, as well, and it DOES help me! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Congratulations and I hope that your daughter feels better, soon! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

Is there another name for the antidepressint Celexa?
    I never heard of it. I take prothedian , there an older type of antidepressent. They dont have the side affects of Nausea or upset stomach.
    geraldine xx

citalopram

Thats awesome... im so afraid that this phobia will eventually keep me from having kids some day... but now i think i will b able to handle it
    "Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon everything's different."