Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everyone,
    I am new and have been afraid of v* as long as I can
    remember mostly of other people I am 21 and am married
    now. My husband just got the flu and I started freaking
    out! My whole body became hot I started shaking and felt
    like I was going to get sick or pass out or something.
    Then I started crying. Then I left for my parents house
    because I CANNOT be around people that are sick. I feel
    awful because he deserves to be taken care of but I can't
    do it. I didn't eat very much for the next three days
    and now that I am home I just keep avoiding him because
    I'm afraid he'll get sick again. I need some serious
    help in getting over this....I wan't to have kids in a
    few years, but I don't know if I should because I will be
    afraid of them when they v*.I need a cure PLease help!
    [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

hey. i'm in the same boat as you. my mom AND boyfriend were both sick with some kind of bug this week and now i'm worrying constantly that i'm going to catch it. the only thing that's helped me is to remember that you can't catch it through the air or just by being around the infected person. make sure to wash your hands before eating, ect and i'm sure you'll be fine. that's what i keep telling myself! good luck!

I know how you feel. I have been married for 11 years now and have 3 kids. I even asked my hubby before we got married what he thought about me possibly never being able to have kids. He married me anyway!!

He also knows what I'm going thru and he knows I cannot handle it with the kids. I always go sleep in the other room if I can and he takes care of them in our room. And his dad has a house no too far away that I go to if I need to. Just take it one day at a time. You'll know when you are strong enough to be pg and have kids. People always told me its different if it's your own child who is sick and this is true to a point. Still scary, but a tad more manageable. Just keep an open mind. And stay open about your feelings with your hubby.

Thank you so much! It helps knowing other people understand
    my feelings and are like me. =)

I know exactly how you feel (except I don't have a husband, of course)

EVERYONE at my school is sick right now and I've seriously been purelling my hands every hour or so, it's REALLY hard for me and I'm sure for everyone else here.

The one thing that gets me through besides my boyfriend is the fact that you'll be fine as long as you WASH YOUR HANDS. The only reason that so many people get sick all the time is because they're not as careful as paranoid people are.

We'll all get through it, we just have to remember that there are far worse things in the world (even though we don't like to think that way)