Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today in a crowded tain station, my dad--who very recently recovered from an awful stomach virus--planted a huge, slobbery kiss on my forehead. I appreciated the gesture, but I couldn't help but start panicking. I began hyperventallating and feeling lightheaded and nauseous, but my dad wouldn't hear of it. He started yelling and screaming to shut up and stop being dramatic. Of course, since panic is kind of contageous, this launched me into total panic mode. I was barely lucid, and crying and screaming on the dirty, grimy, floor.
    I've even talked about this before, and its just shocking to me that he'd disregard everything I said and just fuel my panic. Its already taken over my life, and his attitude makes it even worse.
    After I recovered, though, it got me to thinking--is this how we're viewed by the non-emets? As dramatic, crazy, psychos? Just as there are frequently signs in restaurants with warnings as to what to do when someone has an allergic reaction, why not have signs for what to do when someone has a panic attack? Or, for instance, just teaching as a basic lesson for children how to behave when someone is anxious or panicked? I know it wouldve saved me a lot of trouble warning my friends and family of these procedures, and maybe made conditions like ours a little more relatable to the public.

That's a toughie. my dad is my rock and i can't imagine not having his support thru all this. i oftem wonder what people see us as, too. but if u think about it, everybody is afraid of somehting.
    I hav a friend who is afraid of dark/monsters/emo people
    so at skool if some one v*s she comforts me, and if were at a sleepover and she freaks i comfort her, and neither of us make fun of eachother for our fears [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    "Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon everything's different."