Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't get it.

I ask my friends and family a lot about what they think about v*ing, because I'm really afraid that v*ing is truly as bad as I think it is so I want to know what people without emet think, and I get such a weird response.

One of my friends is getting surgery, and she said she isn't even afraid of the surgery, just that she might v* afterwards. But when I tell her I'm afraid of v*ing, she thinks it's rediculous.

Then my cousin once told me that whenever she v*s she can't help but cry for a long time and the only thing she can't think about before it happens is how much she hates it. But then she tries to tell me all the time that it's not that bad, and she drinks herself sick all the time on purpose!

Then one time when my brother was feeling n* when he was about 12, I remember him bawling and begging my mom to not let him v*. But he has always said he isn't afraid of v*ing an doesn't even really mind it.

I just feel like I'm getting mixed signals, like people tell me how horrible they're experiences are with it but still don't understand why I'm afraid.

Sorry for the weird and random question, I've just been thinking about it a lot and wondered if you guys had heard anything similar?
    ~Claryn :3
    Listen to my conversation with Dr. Drew on Loveline about emetophobia (warning: slightly graphic, fakey v* sound effect):
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stop focusing so much on the negative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.