Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, I know that there are a lot of pregnant emets on here. My problem is, is that I would like to get pregnant. I'm 32, and I know my clock is ticking. However, I have an extreme fear of v-ing. I hate the feeling of being n* as well. I'm soo scared that I will not allow it to happen. I'm afraid of the unknown. I'm afraid that i will panic, stress out, freak out, have anxiety attacks and affect the baby, or that i will panic so much that I will discontinue the pregnancy, and that scares me! For those that are big emets, how did you even ALLOW yourself to become pregnant with not even knowing how your body is going to handle it. I feel like if i could just relax and just allow it to happen, I will accept what is to come during the pregnancy. But I'm such a control freak that if I dont know, I wont do it. Please help. This is driving me insane!

Hi Jetta,
    I was feeling the exact same way as you about a year ago...my husband and I got into several arguments because I was so scared of getting pregnant. One thing that did help me was when I told my OB that we're thinking of starting a family soon, I told him about my fear and asked him if he could prescribe me an anti-emetic and he said "yes, I'll prescribe you one the moment you find out you're pregnant." And he did! That put my mind at ease a lot. I'm now about 25 weeks pregnant...so far, no v* (keeping finger crossed) but I have had n*. I take the prescribed Zofran every time I feel the n* coming on and it does help. The biggest challenge for me has been trying to find what foods to eat, I have a LOT of food aversions.
    So yes I have been anxious for a lot of this pregnancy and I don't think I'd want to go through it again (mostly because of my anxiety and emotions), but I'm very excited to be a mom in a few months. Take Care!