Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Feeling down

I am really struggling. Lately I haven't been sleeping very well lately due to stress. I just seem to wake up for no reason in the middle of the night. I was beginning to feel very strong in the midst of all this swine flu stuff but the closer it gets to Christmas time the more worried I get. I know it's dumb. But I just feel full of anxiety. We just decided to go visit my family for Christmas and I am just worrying about the situation and all the people. And of course my daughter in school. Sometimes I feel this forum is great for me to hear all the stories, to know I'm not alone, or to even hear about people being sick, but in other ways I feel like it consumes my brain now. I'm always thinking about it. I want to not think about it for awhile. Why does this stuff get worse this time of year? Is it the weather? Why just this time of year? Is it because there are more people out and about? Less active? I don't understand. Does anyone know?

I'm so tired of worrying all the time. I want to feel strong again but still aware. Just not scared. Ugh! Is there such thing as a brain eraser?!
    To God be the Glory!

I've always heard that the reason sickness goes around so much in the winter is because everyone is inside all the time. You know, close quarters, breathing on each other and passing germs back and forth to. Yuck! Sorry that you're feeling down. I know what you mean about this forum...I've thought about trying to not come on because while I enjoy reading the stories, they sometimes haunt me later on and I start to obsess. (Not that I don't do that already.) I just try to remember that I am a strong and healthy person for the most part and try to change my racing thoughts into something positive. Not as easy as it sounds, but it sometimes helps me!

No I know what you mean. I am usually so positive. I just seem to start feeling down when I get on here. I think because a lot of times people use the forum to talk about the stuff that gets us down. Which is what it's here for but it makes it hard to stay positive. And I am new. I was honestly doing a ton better and then my mom gave me the site. I got on and although I've met a lot of great people who I could make life long friends, I also tend to let my mind wander a lot more than I should. Media hype about everything isn't helping.
    To God be the Glory!