Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My boyfriend came home drunk and was ill in the bathroom a few times... I always wash my hands anyway, but can you get ill from somehow getting it in your body, or does that only work with viruses? Also, I know this seems irrational... but I just want someone to reassure me that he is infact drunk, and it's not a stomach virus coincidently. I mean, he was fine all day then went out with his mates... then said he drank too much.
    Thanks

If he was sick because of drinking - there is nothing contagious in it.

His body made him throw up the extra alcohol because it was hurting the lining of his stomach. There are no viruses in it and there is no way it can make you sick.

If he were a friend of mine - I would explain that it makes me feel bad to see him mistreat his body this way.

Respectfully,
    David

If it was because of the alcohol which it probably was then there wouldn't be
    anything contagious unless he had some illness that had symptoms that
    hadn't shown up yet. But you should be fine.
    That happens sometimes, it's life. It happens, there's nothing you can do to stop it. Life just happens.